Flagship 10 Knowles BA FA19 Is Officially Released
Jun 2, 2024 at 8:10 AM Post #76 of 76
After getting back and forth I've finally decided to order FA19 again. I've been using them for a couple of days now and I'm gonna share my impressions.
The fit is fantastic. When I opened the box and saw them all my worries about the fit dissapeard immediately. They are really not that big as I was expecting them to be. I'll share some photos comparing them with the Fiio JD7:

20240602_120527_124051.jpg
20240602_121610_124150.jpg
20240602_121306_124130.jpg

They are only slightly bigger than the JD7 so don't worry if you have small ears like me. This will fit you. I've been wearing them for 2 hours and no problems. I've tried them with spinfit 100+, dunu S&S tips and Kbear 07, all fit perfectly inside my ear. They are very lightweight at only 7g. Also, they are vented so no pressure building inside my ear which is a good thing for me.

Now about the sound. First of all I'm using them with the switch off. I tried 2-3 songs with the switch on and I was overwhelmed by the bass. Too much bass makes me fatigue so my listening impressions are with the switch off. I'll also wanna say that I'm actually glad they added this switch because it offers versatily. If you are a basshead I think you'll like this a lot. (More about the bass below)

I got to say the most outstanding feature of this IEM is the bass. I mean WOW, really. It's fast, precise and slams when the specific songs calls for it, very good quality bass that really feels like DD. I admit that FA19 has a better bass than my JD7 which has a DD. Now I know the price differents is huge between them but JD7 is the only iem that I have right now to compare.

Mids are very clean. Male and female vocals sound very good on this and no shoutiness.

About the treble I have to say is very nice. My JD7 has a polite or reserved treble emphasis but this FA19? Is my first time hearing how a good treble actually sounds like. It is very smooth, non fatique and I hear no sibilance.
I've listen to a lot of songs from heavy metal, rock, electronic, pop, trance... Everything plays very well. Oh, and also no hissing on Fiio KA5 and KA17. I prefer listening from my KA17 because of the d.mode switch which makes the sound a little bigger making the soundstage very big and wide.

After all I said, is the FA19 a very good iem? Yes, certainly! BUT... the price, that is my only problem. I share @Vamp898 opinion about FA19 being too expensive for what it offers. I admit that despite being a very good iem, I regret buying this at full price. If you're interested in this set wait for a discount or a sale from other headfi members.
Look @FiiO, I like what you have done with FA19 and I want you guys to succeed with FA line but I don't think charging 1000 usd on this is the way to go. Who knows, maybe this will sell like hot cakes and I'm gonna eat my words. I wish you good luck and looking forward to the FX17 launching in september hopefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back