Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
May 23, 2024 at 1:45 AM Post #2,972 of 2,982
This is a very exciting prototype from Cayin. I hope it run on battery.

Any idea of release date ? Does this baby has already a name ? Is there a link to it’s WebPage ? Specs?

Anybody who has infos about it is welcome to share :)

This is a WIP project, we haven't finalized the industrial design so it might look differently by the time we launch it in 2025. It is transportable so we designed it to run on battery or AC power. This will be Cayin's first attempt at an AIO (All-in-One) product and the player section will be Android-based.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 23, 2024 at 1:53 AM Post #2,973 of 2,982
This is a WIP project, we haven't finalized the industrial design so it might look differently by the time we launch it in 2025. It is transportable so we designed it to run on battery or AC power. This will be Cayin's first attempt at an AIO (All-in-One) product and the player section will be Android-based.
Hype!

I can't wait, this is sure to be great (and expensive).

May 23, 2024 at 9:09 AM Post #2,974 of 2,982
Thank you Andy. We are looking forward your progress on this exciting concept.

As a side question, for the N30 OS do you have plan in a futur release to display the track infos on 2 lines when necessary so that we do not have to guess what track it is when the description is too long ? Like A&k does. thanks
IMG_0478.jpeg

May 24, 2024 at 2:56 AM Post #2,975 of 2,982
Thank you Andy. We are looking forward your progress on this exciting concept.

As a side question, for the N30 OS do you have plan in a futur release to display the track infos on 2 lines when necessary so that we do not have to guess what track it is when the description is too long ? Like A&k does. thanks IMG_0478.jpeg

I'll raise their attention to the inadequacy of the current UI design and urge them to improve the readability of the song list. It probably will take a while before we do anything solid but your suggestion is heard. :pray:

May 24, 2024 at 5:05 AM Post #2,976 of 2,982
I'll raise their attention to the inadequacy of the current UI design and urge them to improve the readability of the song list. It probably will take a while before we do anything solid but your suggestion is heard. :pray:
thanks a lot.

May 25, 2024 at 7:27 AM Post #2,977 of 2,982
This is a very exciting prototype from Cayin. I hope it run on battery.

Any idea of release date ? Does this baby has already a name ? Is there a link to it’s WebPage ? Specs?

Anybody who has infos about it is welcome to share :)

IMG_0484.jpeg
Thats a great concept! I was talking last year about that Cayin needs a all in one player in theyr lineup. I hope it will run great with IEMs.

I think the player should be designed with audiophile travelers in mind.
I dont know if the tubes are retractable, if not, i would design them retractable for better transportation so you can easily carry the player in a bag when you are traveling or flying.

For convenience reasons, i would also design the top display to be detachable. So you can lay in bed having the player sitting on the nightstand and having the display in your hand like phone from where you can control the music.

May 25, 2024 at 8:16 AM Post #2,978 of 2,982
Thats a great concept! I was talking last year about that Cayin needs a all in one player in theyr lineup. I hope it will run great with IEMs.

I think the player should be designed with audiophile travelers in mind.
I dont know if the tubes are retractable, if not, i would design them retractable for better transportation so you can easily carry the player in a bag when you are traveling or flying.

For convenience reasons, i would also design the top display to be detachable. So you can lay in bed having the player sitting on the nightstand and having the display in your hand like phone from where you can control the music.
Or remote control app like Eversolo so you can use your mobile phone as control 😉
To keep expectations fair, Roon ready capability would be a big step in that direction

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #2,979 of 2,982
before I upgrade to 1.5 firmware, i would like if those who did the upgrade noticed any new problem or sonic signature change ? thanks...
The 1.5 firmware is excellent!

FW 1.2 had been my benchmark for the N30’s sound quality, as I had limited time with FW 1.0, which was even better.

Here’s my comparison of 1.5 with FW 1.2 so far:

• Soundstage: 1.5 offers a slightly wider soundstage on the X and Y axes. I can’t comment on the Z axis due to my IEM’s limited depth rendering capability.

• Imaging: 1.5 has superior imaging, with instruments better spread out on the stage. Vocals are more centered and intimate, reminiscent of FW 1.0.

• Dynamics and Clarity: Both are excellent in FW 1.5, matching the quality of 1.2 and improving significantly over the messy performance of 1.3 and 1.4.

I’ll need to see how 1.5 performs over a few days, as some users reported sound degradation with FW 1.3 after a few days, possibly due to a buffer overflow or similar issue.

Testing was done with PW FTS + RN6 in P-Mode, Class A, High Gain, Moder Timbre Tube Mode. I find this modes combo sounds the best with RN6.

Another improvement in 1.5 is the charging display when the device is turned off. The new display is larger and easier to read. However, the charging limits are not respected when charging the device in the off state.

Cheers!

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 9:55 PM Post #2,980 of 2,982
Going on a trip soon and bought an sd card for the flight. I thought the slot for the sd card would open with safety pin like the old iPhone SIM cards but no such luck?
Does anybody know how to open the slot for the sd card? If there is a special key in the box then I’m s$&t out of luck because I’ve rummaged my house but can’t find the box.IMG_0053.jpeg

May 25, 2024 at 11:01 PM Post #2,981 of 2,982
Going on a trip soon and bought an sd card for the flight. I thought the slot for the sd card would open with safety pin like the old iPhone SIM cards but no such luck?
Does anybody know how to open the slot for the sd card? If there is a special key in the box then I’m s$&t out of luck because I’ve rummaged my house but can’t find the box.IMG_0053.jpeg
Try to find the smallest safety pin, it should work. SIM card tray is getting smaller after the industry moved to nano SIM, as a result, the ejection pin is also getting smaller.

1000163839.jpg

May 25, 2024 at 11:24 PM Post #2,982 of 2,982
Try to find the smallest safety pin, it should work. SIM card tray is getting smaller after the industry moved to nano SIM, as a result, the ejection pin is also getting smaller.

1000163839.jpg
Was able to find a safety pin that worked. Thank you so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back