Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 31, 2024 at 7:23 AM Post #18,226 of 18,240
In these cases - if you like the musician - one should always consider buying, especially via Bandcamp.

I recently watched a TV documentary and was very surprised that even mid-famous artists earn close to nothing from the streaming services we all use. Earnestly really ridiculous numbers. I remember a german artist who is no superstar but has a few records out and whose songs are regularly played on the radio from time to time so that I would call her not unknown. She earned 3x0 Euro via streaming in a whole year...
What 3x0 only !!!! What a ripoff !

May 31, 2024 at 7:28 AM Post #18,227 of 18,240
Last edited:
May 31, 2024 at 8:01 AM Post #18,229 of 18,240
I sold PB2 unburned I didn’t like as Opus Mia.
I never had PB1 sorry

May 31, 2024 at 8:16 AM Post #18,230 of 18,240
What 3x0 only !!!! What a ripoff !
Actually yes. Here you can read a bit more about the way things work
https://pudding.cool/2022/06/streaming/

One interesting side note on the mechanic beneath: the numbers of streams via free accounts count as well as those of the paid premium accounts (in the example given 58% free vs 42% paid). That has the effect, that the money of those paying for a subscription is not necessarily given to those artists the payers are actually listening to. If e.g., and theoretically, all free users would only stream songs by let's say Taylor Swift she would in the end get 58% of the money the subscribers pay for the streaming service, even if all subscribers would not stream a single song of her.... That means that to quite a degree it does not matter to which artist someone with a subscription listens to as the money is distributed to those artists with most streams among all users, which favors the bigger ones in the end.

The only way to be sure that an artist gets something from your money therefore remains buying his or hers stuff...

May 31, 2024 at 12:22 PM Post #18,231 of 18,240
Pb1 is the best imr along with opus mia, bass and mids are organic and bestial. Opus mia needs some modding (padding in the outer chamber, a custom foam filter with Teflon in the front nozzle) but once modded bass is tamed and it just becomes a soundstage beast with clear treble and rumbling bass, my perfect tunning. Still pb1 is the best thing imr did ever

May 31, 2024 at 12:27 PM Post #18,232 of 18,240
Pb1 is the best imr along with opus mia, bass and mids are organic and bestial. Opus mia needs some modding (padding in the outer chamber, a custom foam filter with Teflon in the front nozzle) but once modded bass is tamed and it just becomes a soundstage beast with clear treble and rumbling bass, my perfect tunning. Still pb1 is the best thing imr did ever
Wow that good !

May 31, 2024 at 12:54 PM Post #18,233 of 18,240
Wow that good !
Take in account that the last totl I got from en was Avalon. And although I read a lot about enigma, I'm not interested in mems yet, since they were release without any amp and the version bob got are still the first tests.

I just sold my ier m9 and that was the only BA that I could say "damn that's good" Sony after years and years of research ended up releasing a driver that could sound like a dynamic one pushing air. (... I'm getting feelings from selling it but it's ok, it was stored in a box without any use) Ill wait for mems to evolve and other brands start implementing the technology

As for the pb1... Those were the days that we had quality price ratio, outstanding mids. The feeling of distorted guitars on em is the same as being in front of an amp feeling the dynamic range and reverb of it. And the pounding bass, just feels viceral. Those drivers were something. God knows if they were actually beryllium or we got something else, still they are amazing

May 31, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #18,234 of 18,240
Actually yes. Here you can read a bit more about the way things work
https://pudding.cool/2022/06/streaming/

One interesting side note on the mechanic beneath: the numbers of streams via free accounts count as well as those of the paid premium accounts (in the example given 58% free vs 42% paid). That has the effect, that the money of those paying for a subscription is not necessarily given to those artists the payers are actually listening to. If e.g., and theoretically, all free users would only stream songs by let's say Taylor Swift she would in the end get 58% of the money the subscribers pay for the streaming service, even if all subscribers would not stream a single song of her.... That means that to quite a degree it does not matter to which artist someone with a subscription listens to as the money is distributed to those artists with most streams among all users, which favors the bigger ones in the end.

The only way to be sure that an artist gets something from your money therefore remains buying his or hers stuff...
Bandcamp is the most honest platform for that.
I regularly buy just for support to some favourites even though I have Tidal subscription

May 31, 2024 at 7:14 PM Post #18,236 of 18,240
. Still pb1 is the best thing imr did ever
You have to listen to Enigma+. I still be shocked by the quality of the sound they provide. Nothing similar has ever tried in iem form factor. If you are in love with Mids, this is un ultimate thing

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2024 at 12:11 AM Post #18,237 of 18,240
You have to listen to Enigma+. I still be shocked by the quality of the sound they provide. Nothing similar has ever tried in iem form factor. If you are in love with Mids, this is un ultimate thing
You can simply listen to music with good headphones, the sound will be smooth and beautiful, perhaps with embellishment or a bias towards some frequencies, and many headphones do this, but not all convey such emotions as ENIGMA+. I love getting emotions from music and ENIGMA+ gives me this in full, amazing sound IEM, Bob managed to create a miracle. Thanks Bob!

Jun 1, 2024 at 4:12 AM Post #18,238 of 18,240
You can simply listen to music with good headphones, the sound will be smooth and beautiful, perhaps with embellishment or a bias towards some frequencies, and many headphones do this, but not all convey such emotions as ENIGMA+. I love getting emotions from music and ENIGMA+ gives me this in full, amazing sound IEM, Bob managed to create a miracle. Thanks Bob!
Flamenco Guitar and Violin Adagios and solos sound particular good with the Enigma+.
So i agree with Enigmas emotional presentation of music.

I do have some other technical reservations about the Enigma+, but im working on trying to improve the Enigma+ with tips and filters etc.

I am listening to the exhaustive list @mekap shared on another post.
Enigma+ performed wonderfully with most of them.
Some instruments were thin on a few tracks. Nothing alarming but there are issues.
Will describe what i heard some time later.

Thanks for sharing the List !

Jun 1, 2024 at 4:14 AM Post #18,239 of 18,240
Take in account that the last totl I got from en was Avalon. And although I read a lot about enigma, I'm not interested in mems yet, since they were release without any amp and the version bob got are still the first tests.

I just sold my ier m9 and that was the only BA that I could say "damn that's good" Sony after years and years of research ended up releasing a driver that could sound like a dynamic one pushing air. (... I'm getting feelings from selling it but it's ok, it was stored in a box without any use) Ill wait for mems to evolve and other brands start implementing the technology

As for the pb1... Those were the days that we had quality price ratio, outstanding mids. The feeling of distorted guitars on em is the same as being in front of an amp feeling the dynamic range and reverb of it. And the pounding bass, just feels viceral. Those drivers were something. God knows if they were actually beryllium or we got something else, still they are amazing
PB1 and Semper are the best looking iems IMR ever made.
They look stunning and unique. I cant get over them.

Jun 1, 2024 at 6:48 AM Post #18,240 of 18,240
Hello all! It's with a heavy heart, but I'm putting my set of Enigmas up for sale. Our boiler went bang yesterday and it's needing to be replaced. :frowning2: Luckily I will still have my Astra Ultraques and Ozar to fall back on! As well as Jon's NaLe's that I got of him earlier this week.

It's listed on classifieds and Ebay for anyone interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back