Sennheiser HD 660S2 thread
Jun 1, 2024 at 11:35 PM Post #6,783 of 6,788
fwiw, I bought a pair of these renewed and they looked brand new. Pads were perfect, cords were bundled and wrapped as if they were done at the factory, carrying case was perfect and the headphones were spotless and had that clamping force you'd expect from a new set of 660s2's. It's been ~30 days and they're great. I liked having the 90 day return period and saving $200. For me, the risk was very low to get these and check them out.

Jun 2, 2024 at 9:05 AM Post #6,784 of 6,788
every time i play something like rammstein on the S2 i am thinking no way they did coast me 600. for me they sound much more than that.
the way it shows details without being annoying also having a nice deep bass is just crazy to me
and i dont wanna forget to mention the amazing vocal perfomance

the only thing i would love to own now is a nice tube amp

but i am wondering, can i EQ the S2 to simulate a tube amp?

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2024 at 10:04 AM Post #6,785 of 6,788
every time i play something like rammstein on the S2 i am thinking no way they did coast me 600. for me they sound much more than that.
the way it shows details without being annoying also having a nice deep bass is just crazy to me

but i am wondering, can i EQ the S2 to simulate a tube amp?
It seems to me that it depends on the tube amp you're trying to simulate. There are tube amps that sound "less tubey" than others. My guess (no practical experience) is that realistically, the answer is no. I'm guessing that there are those that disagree with me. All opinions are as valid as mine (or more so). LOL :beerchug: Good luck in your journey. Enjoy the music!

Jun 2, 2024 at 10:12 AM Post #6,786 of 6,788

**but i am wondering, can i EQ the S2 to simulate a tube amp?**
** ... the sonic differences between a tube amp and a solid-state amp extend beyond frequency response. So, EQ itself is not enough to 'simulate a tube amp' 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back