Simple Lan Isolator / Noise Reducer
May 19, 2024 at 6:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Ghoostknight

500+ Head-Fier
Hello,
i made a thread over at diyaudio.com where im making a simple lan isolator/noise reducer device https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/simple-lan-isolator-noise-reducer.412584/

i tested a commercial device that works in a similar way and thought its definitely worth it todo more on my own because 1. i save money compared to commercial offerings 2. i can also offer it quite cheaply for others when they are interested

Keep in mind that the filtering happens inside the sockets :) the commercial offering says around -30-40db of noise reduction with one device and its recommended to place them on each end of the cable (i guess you can also use more than 1 at each end as long ethernet keeps working, speed might be reduced a bit), i still need to test around a bit here since i only got 1 device so far but the test of this one device made me do this DIY one :)

Screenshot from 2024-05-16 13-15-37.png

May 19, 2024 at 6:21 AM Post #2 of 2
This thing will also get a heatshrink, shielding, heatshrink treatment by me :) which might make it better than the commercial thing since its unshielded in a plastic case

Users who are viewing this thread

Back