Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
May 31, 2024 at 11:22 PM Post #1,306 of 1,313
Can anyone share an EQ profile they have going for Bonneville? Treble has been a little aggressive for me lately, most likely due to my new source. Trying to smooth it out a little bit on the top end

No EQ for me. I think your DAP/source is emphasizing the treble note edges too much if it's peaky/aggressive, and EQ IMHO will sacrifice finest refinements in the note edges. I even use the Pentaconn Corier Brass to make the treble (and the whole frequency range especially the bass) even more refined sounding

1717211983439.png

IMG_0288.JPG

May 31, 2024 at 11:23 PM Post #1,307 of 1,313
With an excellent tube, I've never heard the Vali++ (I haven't heard the Vali 3 yet) but even the notorious Andromeda CK Blue DID NOT hiss at all. I've also tried the Campfire Vega OG on the Vali++ and that too didn't hiss (then again, Vega didn't hiss on the Mojo 1). I don't think even Jason himself designed the Vali++ to be IEM friendly, just an amusing discovery that Vali is extremely well behaved with low impedance IEMs while other Schiit amps such as the Asgard 3 go limp mode + hissing (protection mode) when driving the Andromeda.

I'll definitely visit Schiitr before it truly dies away just to test the Vali 3 on the hissing aspect! I do hope it behaves extremely well with these super sensitive low impedance IEMs as well

I just ordered a Vali 3 and several additional tubes. I will report back about hiss or otherwise with the Solaris.

May 31, 2024 at 11:25 PM Post #1,308 of 1,313
I just ordered a Vali 3 and several additional tubes. I will report back about hiss or otherwise with the Solaris.

You will need a preamp or digital volume control to the Vali on Campfire IEMs because the volume play is almost non-existent! Let me know how it goes!

May 31, 2024 at 11:28 PM Post #1,309 of 1,313
You will need a preamp to the Vali on Campfire IEMs because the volume play is almost non-existent! Let me know how it goes!

I have a few options that allow that.

I will most certainly let you know how it works out.

The Vali 3 should be here reasonably quickly but I imagine the additional tubes will meander their way around the globe for the $9 shipping option !

Jun 1, 2024 at 12:39 AM Post #1,310 of 1,313
You will need a preamp or digital volume control to the Vali on Campfire IEMs because the volume play is almost non-existent! Let me know how it goes!
Owned Vali 3 since release - all my CFA IEMs work flawless. A tiny background hiss but once playing music I’ve had no issues with volume up to 11/ 12 on dial. Mind you using Roon 1.8 -14 LUFS.

Supermoon has been a pleasure with all headphones amps owned.

Jun 1, 2024 at 4:34 AM Post #1,311 of 1,313
Moon Rover: I bought it, brilliant. I like it very much and it is approx on par with obravi eamt2c and final a8000. It is tuned similar to D8000 and hence neutral. Resolution not as high as stax or eamt but still very good. Vs iLcd 4 much more stable. - mine failed and neural w/o Ewing (which is not the case for ilcd). I have an andromeda which is good, but MR is in my view better. Vs a8000: a8000 needs in my view some modest eq to slightly deemphasis highs. MR more neutral

Jun 1, 2024 at 5:56 AM Post #1,312 of 1,313
Moon Rover: I bought it, brilliant. I like it very much and it is approx on par with obravi eamt2c and final a8000. It is tuned similar to D8000 and hence neutral. Resolution not as high as stax or eamt but still very good. Vs iLcd 4 much more stable. - mine failed and neural w/o Ewing (which is not the case for ilcd). I have an andromeda which is good, but MR is in my view better. Vs a8000: a8000 needs in my view some modest eq to slightly deemphasis highs. MR more neutral
is it available now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back