Focal Hadenys & Azurys Review & Measurements
May 31, 2024 at 6:35 PM Post #182 of 189
I've spent last week listening to Bathys exclusively. This week, just Azurys, and I agree, it's not even close. I'll post a full writeup of

Azurys-Bathys-Elegia-Hedanys

Tomorrow. I've been spending a bit too much time comparing these guys but it's been fun. Azurys is the wildcard imo and a bit of a game changer. If Bathys 2 can be a wireless Azurys...That'll be something.

The comfort of Hadenys is absolute magic, no? I haven't ever worn a headphone this comfortable (and i've listened to a lot of em lol).
Looking forward to your further thoughts!

Jun 1, 2024 at 6:17 PM Post #184 of 189
My review of the Focal Azurys and Hadenys is up: https://headphones.com/blogs/reviews/focal-azurys-and-hadenys-dual-review-the-focal-evolution
Included are comparisons to the Elex and HD 600 for the Hadenys, and Bathys for the Azurys.

Overall, I think Focal did a good job with both of these headphones and they are well-worth the recommendation.
The Hadenys I was pretty meh to begin with but after sitting down and properly doing side-by-side comparisons to the Elex and HD 600, I would take it over those two if I was buying a new headphone today. My only nitpick is that I feel like it could've been priced similarly to the Azurys.
The Azurys is also excellent and I prefer its sound to the Bathys. But if you're wanting to get a headphone specifically for travel, then I think the all-in-one wireless package of the Bathys is still a superior experience.

Jun 1, 2024 at 6:32 PM Post #185 of 189
My review of the Focal Azurys and Hadenys is up: https://headphones.com/blogs/reviews/focal-azurys-and-hadenys-dual-review-the-focal-evolution
Included are comparisons to the Elex and HD 600 for the Hadenys, and Bathys for the Azurys.

Overall, I think Focal did a good job with both of these headphones and they are well-worth the recommendation.
The Hadenys I was pretty meh to begin with but after sitting down and properly doing side-by-side comparisons to the Elex and HD 600, I would take it over those two if I was buying a new headphone today. My only nitpick is that I feel like it could've been priced similarly to the Azurys.
The Azurys is also excellent and I prefer its sound to the Bathys. But if you're wanting to get a headphone specifically for travel, then I think the all-in-one wireless package of the Bathys is still a superior experience.
For Azurys, How close does it compare to Celestee?
For Hadenys, how does it compare to meze 109 pro and audeze mm-100?

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2024 at 6:41 PM Post #186 of 189

Thank you for the review. I decided to pre-order both the Azurys and the Hadenys. Very curious which I'll end up preferring in the end. Mainly getting the Hadenys to take the role of the HD 6xx line for me. The HD 660S2 ended up a bit of a disappointment for me personally, so hoping the Hadenys ends up being the more neutrally tuned open headphone that works for me.

Btw do you have an idea when Headphones.com is expected to ship pre-orders?

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2024 at 6:48 PM Post #187 of 189
How close does Azurys compare to Celestee?
I can't really give a good comparison as I only heard the Celestee very briefly once before. But from my experience with the other Focals, the general theme is that the older Focals have more of that classic dynamic ability that many of us love them for. The newer Azurys and Hadenys fall short on that front. However, the tuning on these are significantly better so that's the trade-off you have. As I mention in the review, I would see the Azurys and Hadenys as a whole new product line and not really compare to the older Focal stuff. It's like Audeze and their new generation of headphones.
Thank you for the review. I decided to pre-order both the Azurys and the Hadenys. Very curious which I'll end up preferring in the end. Mainly getting the Hadenys to take the role of the HD 6xx line for me. The HD 660S2 ended up a bit of a disappointment for me personally, so hoping the Hadenys ends up being the more neutrally tuned open headphone that works for me.

Btw do you have an idea when Headphones.com is expected to ship pre-orders?
Let us know what you think between the two! Honestly, at first I thought I would like the Azurys more than the Hadenys. But after a couple weeks to sort out my thoughts and doing side-by-side testing, the Hadenys did pull ahead. The Azurys is still really good though, even without the "for a closed-back" qualifier.
Sorry, I have no clue on the shipping. I have 0 insight into the sales side of things. My scope is limited to only doing reviews (and that suits me just fine).

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2024 at 11:33 PM Post #188 of 189

Great Review by the way. Think I’d be interested in the Focal Hadenys like Resolve was in his YouTube review.

I’d be interested in a Comparison of the Focal Hadenys with the Original Focal Clear. Would be nice to have a more travel friendly portable Focal Clear if it compares well.

Jun 2, 2024 at 12:12 AM Post #189 of 189
Great Review by the way. Think I’d be interested in the Focal Hadenys like Resolve was in his YouTube review.

I’d be interested in a Comparison of the Focal Hadenys with the Original Focal Clear. Would be nice to have a more travel friendly portable Focal Clear if it compares well.
Well, there's plenty of Elex vs Clear comparions out there so you can probably get a sense of it by transitive property :smile:
But slightly more seriously, the Hadenys isn't like the Clear at all IMO. The tuning and technicalities are quite distinct from one another. I'd say the Hadenys is closer to the Elex than the Clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back