Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 17, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #1,516 of 1,529
I like the midrange of the tanya quite a lot but would like to try something similar with better soundstage and overall improvements.

May 17, 2024 at 6:42 PM Post #1,517 of 1,529
Is the new origin comparable to Tanya?

Nope the Origin is leaner and brighter, whereas the Tanya is a bassier and warmer beast.

Origin has better technicalities, including soundstage, but of course the price differential is a lot between them.

May 19, 2024 at 5:49 AM Post #1,519 of 1,529
Thanks you saved me money. Would PRISM be an upgrade or what iem do you think could be one?

You can read about the DUNU Falcon Ultra.

It has 2 tuning nozzles. One is also harmanish, the other is more laid back. And you get all round improvements from the Tanya.

May 23, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #1,520 of 1,529
graph (3).png

graph (4).png

graph (5).png

Here's the measurement of upcoming Tanchjim 4U 😊

Also available on dchpgall.squig.link.

-

Edit: Here's my review on 4U

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #1,521 of 1,529
The Atmospheric setting is the only one that makes sense IMO strange use of that switch more of a gimmick.

May 30, 2024 at 3:23 PM Post #1,522 of 1,529
You can read about the DUNU Falcon Ultra.

It has 2 tuning nozzles. One is also harmanish, the other is more laid back. And you get all round improvements from the Tanya.
Falcon Ultra imo is underrated given its price

May 31, 2024 at 8:29 AM Post #1,524 of 1,529
The Origin is not bad for a midFI single DD, though I think the tuning nozzles were gimmicks sadly.

Tanchjim Origin.jpg

The Origin has one of the bigger soundstages compared to the midFI single DD benchmarks like the Simgot EA1000 and DUNU Falcon Ultra, and even the predecessor Tanchjim Oxygen.

Anyways, there's a new TANCHJIM 4U that was shown at the recent Singapore Can Jam. This contains a DMT4 DD. It has 4 tuning options via a bass dial vent located at the inner aspect of the IEM, something akin to the Sennheiser IE80S.

Tanchjim 4U.jpg
Tanchjim 4U 2.jpg

Very transparent sounding (but bass can of course be jacked up a bit should you wish to). Safely tuned, love the timbre.

I think it retails at 70ish USD according to the rep. Worth keeping an eye on this one.
Nice impressions, very excited to try these. Will post my inpressions as soon as i get mine.

May 31, 2024 at 1:06 PM Post #1,525 of 1,529
The Origin is not bad for a midFI single DD, though I think the tuning nozzles were gimmicks sadly.

Tanchjim Origin.jpg

The Origin has one of the bigger soundstages compared to the midFI single DD benchmarks like the Simgot EA1000 and DUNU Falcon Ultra, and even the predecessor Tanchjim Oxygen.

Anyways, there's a new TANCHJIM 4U that was shown at the recent Singapore Can Jam. This contains a DMT4 DD. It has 4 tuning options via a bass dial vent located at the inner aspect of the IEM, something akin to the Sennheiser IE80S.

Tanchjim 4U.jpg
Tanchjim 4U 2.jpg

Very transparent sounding (but bass can of course be jacked up a bit should you wish to). Safely tuned, love the timbre.

I think it retails at 70ish USD according to the rep. Worth keeping an eye on this one.
Hows the vocals? seem like a touch of warmth is there

Jun 1, 2024 at 1:50 AM Post #1,527 of 1,529
Hows the vocals? seem like a touch of warmth is there

Depends on which tuning dial is used, but in general, even on the bassiest dial, the Tanchjim 4U is not that thick in note weight. It goes for a more transparent/clear midrange rather than something gooey thick.

Jun 1, 2024 at 3:38 AM Post #1,528 of 1,529
I always have high expectations from Tanchjhim after the Oxygen. Will be looking forward to this as well
I liked Hana 2021 more than Oxygen, I dont know why but that was the case, my source was WM1A, what source and tips did you use with Oxygen?

Jun 1, 2024 at 5:25 AM Post #1,529 of 1,529
Here's a review of the Tanchjim 4U: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ta...er-in-ear-monitors.27230/reviews#review-34091

4U 8.jpg

4U 3.jpg

Pros:
Generous accessories
Well-fitting, lightweight shells
Elegant housing
4 tuning options for versatility via unique bass dial
Fast and clean bass
Transparent midrange without shoutiness
Sibilant-free treble with decent extension
Natural timbre

Cons: