V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Feb 23, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #12,511 of 23,366
Quote:
Can someone give a brief comment on the M-100's performance with metal? Im interested in how it performs with the guitars that require midrange, and I have worries about them being ' as if underwater ' as Ive heard in other sites. 

I'm sorry, this was the first thing that came to mind....

But due to the strong bass, the guitars are not so in your face, but they do sound wonderful. I wouldn't say 'underwater' is the right term, but, they're not as defined as more mid-centric cans.

Feb 23, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #12,512 of 23,366
Quote:
Hi all,
Noob to this world but I have used V-Moda since 2009. I now have the awesome white M-100's (pic in my avatar LOL) and my only gripe is that the case that comes with the cans is white. I do love it, but it's going to get filthy when I pop it on my carry on and send it through the rounds in an airport lol.  Anyone know where I can buy the black case that comes with the matte version? I also placed an email to info@v-moda.com and I'll see what they say. I figured if anyone asked this in the past? Thanks!

Oh hey there, I saw your M-100 profile photo and I really like your custom design on it! *Matte black shields also go really well with the white silver M-100's*

I can totally attest for the white case getting dirty. I don't think individual cases are being sold yet since V-MODA is still trying to crank out the M-100's themselves, but in the future I'm sure they'll be available just like the LP/LP2 cases.

Feb 23, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #12,513 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
Can someone give a brief comment on the M-100's performance with metal? Im interested in how it performs with the guitars that require midrange, and I have worries about them being ' as if underwater ' as Ive heard in other sites. 

I'm sorry, this was the first thing that came to mind....

But due to the strong bass, the guitars are not so in your face, but they do sound wonderful. I wouldn't say 'underwater' is the right term, but, they're not as defined as more mid-centric cans.

Yup I agree. [Acoustic] guitars sound fine, but they're not as in-focused as I would like them to be. I think most people will find the M-100's fine with metal; personally I prefer to have a bit more energy in the treble for cymbal crashes, but that's just me.

Feb 23, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #12,514 of 23,366
Can anyone comment on the sound difference between lp2 and m100 in terms of
sound stage
sq
bass?
The M-100 has a larger soundstage whereas the LP2 is more in your face. The M-100 is much more detailed. The bass on the M-100 is controlled, tight, detailed, and punchy. The LP2 is much more bloated in the bass. Definitely go for the M-100 if you can afford it, but if you want a lot of bass unamped go for the LP2.

Feb 23, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #12,516 of 23,366
Lots of good guesses regarding what Metallo might be.  I'm thinking LOD for S3 since Val has commented more that once regarding the synergy of S3 with Vamp and S3 sales globally would certainly warrant the investment of a dedicated accessory as there is for Apple.

I like the concept of the original Vamp, where the player and amp fit together perfectly with full functionality to form one unit rather than two separate similar-sized units tethered together requiring banding.  Maybe Verza is being designed with interchangeable brackets that fit the most popular players/phones and the adapter would be Metallo?

Like the Metallo is a case/LOD custom-designed for the SIII, and the Vamp Verza clicks into the back? And you could have a Metallo case/LOD for the Galaxy, the Bean case/LOD for the iPhone, the Sprocket case/LOD for the Droid, and the Loneliest Number case/LOD for the HTC ONE (Larry Nilsson reference), and the Vamp Versa amp could just click into any one of them? That would be a pretty slick setup.

Oh really? The microphone plug and audio plug are exactly the same? so an audio extension will work?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure anyway that the plug has two rings and a ground just like the "audio" plug. The Mic port on your computer or device will know what to do with the connector's segments. That's why they color the plugs green and pink, else you wouldn't know which plug was for what function.

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:16 AM Post #12,520 of 23,366
Quote:
Like the Metallo is a case/LOD custom-designed for the SIII, and the Vamp Verza clicks into the back? And you could have a Metallo case/LOD for the Galaxy, the Bean case/LOD for the iPhone, the Sprocket case/LOD for the Droid, and the Loneliest Number case/LOD for the HTC ONE (Larry Nilsson reference), and the Vamp Versa amp could just click into any one of them? That would be a pretty slick setup.

Since Verza doesn't have a thread yet and it is designed to sound best with the M-100, I suppose there's no harm in a mini-discussion about Verza here.

Yes, this is how I envisioned the next-gen portable headphone amp- no bands, no locking tape, no velcro.  You could still have a short LOD cable, but the player/phone would just snap into the bracket.  The challenge is full functionality, but a quick release function would make that more workable.  Anyone who owns Vamp knows it is not quick release as some serious damage could be done if one is not careful.  However since there is full functionality with Vamp, there is also no reason to ever separate Vamp from the Iphone.

Vamp is so convenient and unique in how it fits perfectly with my Iphone 4 that I am hesitant to ever upgrade my Iphone, regardless of new features around the corner.  Portable listening for active use doesn't get much better than Vamp/Iphone 4 through M-100 or Ultrasone Signature DJ.  There are portable DAC/amps with a comparable price tag or higher that may offer more power, but they aren't pocketably portable like Vamp or even Verza.

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #12,521 of 23,366
Quote:
A Verza with a case made for the SIII personally would be amazing!!!

Quote:
Please val,  can you also make a case not only for the galaxy s3 but also for the note 2?  If the metallo is a case for the verza that is,  thanks val 

I don't mean to get anyone's hopes up since I really don't think this is happening yet.   However, it never hurts to put a creative bug in Val's ear for future products.
wink_face.gif

Feb 24, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #12,522 of 23,366
Since Verza doesn't have a thread yet and it is designed to sound best with the M-100, I suppose there's no harm in a mini-discussion about Verza here.

Yes, this is how I envisioned the next-gen portable headphone amp- no bands, no locking tape, no velcro.  You could still have a short LOD cable, but the player/phone would just snap into the bracket.  The challenge is full functionality, but a quick release function would make that more workable.  Anyone who owns Vamp knows it is not quick release as some serious damage could be done if one is not careful.  However since there is full functionality with Vamp, there is also no reason to ever separate Vamp from the Iphone.

Vamp is so convenient and unique in how it fits perfectly with my Iphone 4 that I am hesitant to ever upgrade my Iphone, regardless of new features around the corner.  Portable listening for active use doesn't get much better than Vamp/Iphone 4 through M-100 or Ultrasone Signature DJ.  There are portable DAC/amps with a comparable price tag or higher that may offer more power, but they aren't pocketably portable like Vamp or even Verza.

Yes, I don't want to go overboard either, but...
Concerning your note about LOD cable, what I was illustrating would be the case IS the LOD, no external thingies to go wibbly-wobbly and break. So you have no bands, no Velcro, no locking tape, no external wires, just a custom-fit slick audio solution. You just buy the Verza for amping, then just pick the integrated case/LOD that was made for your portable source.

One interesting thing about the iPhone 5, with it's Lightning port and loss of the line-out connections that was part of the previous 30-pin port, is that it makes a product like the VAMP – that includes a licensed connection to an external DAC and amp – suddenly much more justifiable. Before, you could use a LOD with any amp, but now, since the iPhone 5 needs an (expensive) DAC to get sound out of anything besides the headphone jack, you might as well go all-out and build a complete system, which the VAMP is, even though it was built "before it's time."

With that said, an integrated case/LOD product, like I guessed the Metallo could be, could only be made for products that actually offer LOD capability. Else you might as well get a VAMP style all-out product or just get comfortable with double-amping.

I don't mean to get anyone's hopes up since I really don't think this is happening yet.   However, it never hurts to put a creative bug in Val's ear for future products. :wink_face:

But yeah, it's only a guess/dream. You've heard me say this over the past year: I wish I was employed to be a creative bug in Val's ear. I'm just not assertive enough to make it happen.
*turns away and goes back to restaurant work, hoping his GD networking contacts pay off someday*

Feb 24, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #12,524 of 23,366
If i put these design on gold? do u think it will turn out fine? and do you think i would have any copy right problems(dadalife)?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/164478_10151285005301463_491656261_n.jpg
(sorry dont know how to post the img)

i've been eyeing these headphones for weeks now, but didn't know what to put on the shields. and with that said, if the feed back is good, i shall go ahead and get the matte black and not wait the 3-4 weeks =D

thank you in advance

Feb 24, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #12,525 of 23,366
CHECK THIS OUT, THIS THREAD IS MAKING NEWS!

"6 Great Products Designed by the Internet”

http://www.businessinsider.com/6-great-products-designed-by-the-internet-2013-2

This site ranks in the top 600 sites on the entire web with over 3.5 million unique visitors per month!

V-Moda Crossfade M-100 headphones, built by 200 artists and voted on by 10,000 music lovers. V-Moda worked with over 200 audiophiles, editors, artists, DJs and Grammy-winning musicians to create these headphones. And it became a big topic of discussion, generating 10,000 posts and 700 pages on the world’s largest headphone site, Head-Fi, reports Androidspin.com.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/6-great-products-designed-by-the-internet-2013-2#ixzz2Lr5NaSqt

now if only I can get editors to use our name "V-MODA" vs "V-Moda"...  

Sound and Vision said I need to make an acronym yesterday when they visited the office for him to do it, so I said:

"Valentino's or V-Angled  Machines of Designer Acoustics"

-V

Users who are viewing this thread

Back