Woo Audio: NEW! WA7tp (tube PSU) Early-bird offer
Apr 21, 2014 at 4:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 192

HiFiGuy528

Member of the Trade: Woo Audio
**** UPDATE ****

We have "SOLD OUT" our first batch. THANK YOU for your fast response everyone. We truly appreciate your support.

**** subsequent orders will be filled on or around end of May **** Pricing will not change **** Only the ship date will be affected ****

**** UPDATE 2 ****
order page is now live.

http://wooaudio.com/products/wa7fireflies.html

**** UPDATE ****

Early-bird offer is coming to an end on May 31, 2014. Those who have purchased a WA7 Fireflies prior to 4/21/2014 will remain to have the opportunity to purchase WA7tp (tube power supply) at $349 $399 at anytime as long as the serial number to your WA7 have not been used. Those who purchased a WA7 or WA7d Fireflies after 4/21/2014 can purchase the WA7tp (tube power supply) at $399 until 5/31/2014 (early-bird offer). Starting June 1st, all single unit orders of WA7tp (tube power supply) will be $649 + shipping.
If you are considering a WA7 or WA7d, we urge you to order the WA7tp (tube power supply) together as a combo to save money. Below are the combo pricing.
- WA7 + WA7tp = $1398
- WA7d + WA7tp = $1598

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You, the members of the Head-Fi community, have been great supporters of our products and our company.

In appreciation of this, we would like to offer you an early-bird opportunity to purchase the new (and unannounced) WA7tp tube power supply for our WA7 and WA7d.  Our early-bird pricing on the WA7tp is as follows:

• $399 USD for new customers who purchase a WA7tp along with a new WA7 or WA7d.

• $349 USD for current WA7 owners (the S/N of your unit is required to receive this discount) - early-bird special

• $649 USD for each additional WA7tp that is not matched to a WA7/WA7d.

Shipping and handling is $20 in the continental United States.  International shipping costs will be calculated after you’ve completed your online order.   We will bill the actual shipping costs before dispatch.

Due to the limited supplies on-hand, purchases are filled on a first come basis.  Once the current inventory are sold out, subsequent orders will be filled on or around end of May.  Please follow these instructions to place your order.  We will update this post for future communications.  

http://wooaudio.com/products/wa7fireflies.html

* Send payment to orders@wooaudio.com.  In the “Message” section please include the following.

- Desired color (Black or Silver)

- Full Name

- Pay Pal Confirmed shipping address and phone number

- S/N of your WA7 to qualify for the discounted price

* $349 price is only good for customers who already own a WA7 prior to today. We wanted to take care of our current customers with this discount.

Apr 21, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #3 of 192
Let the mad dash begin! 
biggrin.gif

Apr 21, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #7 of 192
Let the mad dash begin! 
biggrin.gif

will $649 be the regular price to upgrade to the tp in the future?

Hmm, good question.  My understanding is that the $649 price is only for those who do not own a WA7 of any kind.  Actually, that brings up two more questions:

• When does this early-bird period expire?
  • Does the WA7tp even work with other Woo amps?  OMG, DOES IT?  Holy crap, didn't even think of that.

Apr 21, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #8 of 192
Yeah, I was thinking about using the tp to possibly power the geek pulse x, assuming that the power requirements match. Instead of getting the LPS4, the WA7tp would look lovely. But not at $650.

Apr 21, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #9 of 192
Yeah, I was thinking about using the tp to possibly power the geek pulse x, assuming that the power requirements match. Instead of getting the LPS4, the WA7tp would look lovely. But not at $650.

Hmm, that's a good idea.  So now the question is whether a 1:1 ratio of WA7[d] to WA7tp is required.  Which brings me to...

ordering two... one for work and one for home 
L3000.gif

groovyd, do you have more than one WA7?  If not, would you mind letting us know if your order for both WA7tp units goes through (at the special price I mean).  Thanks!

Apr 21, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #10 of 192

Hmm, that's a good idea.  So now the question is whether a 1:1 ratio of WA7[d] to WA7tp is required.  Which brings me to...

groovyd, do you have more than one WA7?  If not, would you mind letting us know if your order for both WA7tp units goes through (at the special price I mean).  Thanks!

Are you kidding?!  Ofcourse I have 2 WA7's
bigsmile_face.gif
  After hearing the first one it was all but 5 minutes before I ordered the second for work 
beerchug.gif

The real question here is what to do with the original power supplies?  Would be real nice if we could return them for say $150 off or something like that.  Would be real awesome if there was some sort of y connector that lets you drive the WA7 with both supplies for extra bump 
atsmile.gif

Apr 21, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #12 of 192
  will $649 be the regular price to upgrade to the tp in the future?

$649 is for someone who wants a second WA7tp, but only have one WA7.  In this case we urge the buyer to consider getting the WA7 or WA7d as well as WA7tp.  It makes more sense cost wise...

Apr 21, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #13 of 192
$649 is for someone who wants a second WA7tp, but only have one WA7.  In this case we urge the buyer to consider getting the WA7 or WA7d as well as WA7tp.  It makes more sense cost wise...
Understood. Makes sense. Now what about the regular linear power supplies, per @groovyd's suggestion? Any chance to return them for some credit or discount?

Apr 21, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #14 of 192

Are you kidding?!  Ofcourse I have 2 WA7's
bigsmile_face.gif
  After hearing the first one it was all but 5 minutes before I ordered the second for work 
beerchug.gif

Hahaha!  I should have known! 
smile.gif

The real question here is what to do with the original power supplies?  Would be real nice if we could return them for say $150 off or something like that.  Would be real awesome if there was some sort of y connector that lets you drive the WA7 with both supplies for extra bump 
atsmile.gif

I already know that I have to keep mine.  I'll need both for the review.  Plus, people are going to ask for a listen whenever I bring it to meets, so I'll want to keep it around.  Your situation is different though, as you'd have two of them... first-world problems. 
tongue.gif

Thanks, order placed and paid!!! 

Originally Posted by phobos0411 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

WOO HOO. Order placed with great anticipation and excitement for one lovely black power supply!

Charter members of the club! 
smile.gif
  I already know I'm going to be doing that whole rediscover-my-music-collection thing.

Apr 21, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #15 of 192
How many are available ??
How is any confirmation made it ?
Edit:
I just sent payment. .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back