ABYSS Top Of The Line videos
May 7, 2024 at 6:55 AM Post #631 of 640
Seems like you're the odd exception here.
1266 has horrible fit and comfort.
It sounds great but unfortunately the good part ends there.

That sound in an actually comfortable construction would be amazing though
I’m not alone in liking the comfort. There being an open circulation of air to the ears has benefits especially in warmer weather and makes it comfortable for longer listening, whereas traditional HPs clamp and create a sealed space that heats up. Only downside for me is ofc that 1266 moves around when leaning down, otherwise nothing is “uncomfortable” in its literal meaning - no hot spots or discomfort. Same as raal sr1a, it is different fit however it is comfortable

May 7, 2024 at 7:12 AM Post #632 of 640
i don't see this as replacing the TC. either you have the 1266 TC drivers or you do not. my initial take is that the DZ is for those who want a more "audiophile" MR headphone, something that is "high-end" for both desktop and portable usage. the DZ ups the resolution of the MR but can still be driven by portable gear. the added comfort, less weight and headband revision, is a minor point.

May 7, 2024 at 7:33 AM Post #633 of 640
Seems like you're the odd exception here.
1266 has horrible fit and comfort.
It sounds great but unfortunately the good part ends there.

That sound in an actually comfortable construction would be amazing though
I find the 1266 to be very comfortable as well.

May 7, 2024 at 11:05 AM Post #635 of 640
the 1266 headband needs a fix. the top of my head need not be a hotspot when I use the headphone. I would prefer it to have a pressure relief up top and in tropical climate the earpads gets hot. But no one is listening. :face_palm:

May 7, 2024 at 11:07 AM Post #636 of 640
Super curious about this one. Would one of the abyss guys be able to comment on the sub bass? I nearly bought an MR at Socal because of how good the sub bass was, I’m curious to see what it’s like in this model.

May 8, 2024 at 4:31 PM Post #637 of 640
Looks awesome. I really enjoy the MR and I’ve been thinking about picking up a TC but I was always concerned that it would be too analytical.

And I have to wonder what was the code name for this headphone during its creation phase?
You can
For now Diana TC will continue to be sold.
Will the new headphone strap be made available to install on other Diana models?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back