AUDEZE LCD XC
May 4, 2024 at 9:21 AM Post #4,141 of 4,150
Every time i have the bug to buy a new closed back (looking at you liric II) i put back on the XC and just stop!
Wish they would make a hardcase for them so i could bring them around during travel more easily.
That is the case for me as well. I think if the Caldera Closed from ZMF is a generous step up from the XC I may consider getting it. 😎

May 4, 2024 at 9:52 AM Post #4,142 of 4,150
Maybe the Steath, but i also have the LCD5, and the only real reason to get th stealth would be portability in travels. Or just try an IEM like the XE6 or RN6

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 8:02 PM Post #4,143 of 4,150
May 8, 2024 at 10:36 PM Post #4,145 of 4,150
Ok so a few thoughts.

I had a chance to sit down with them a little bit tonight. Right now I have three EQ settings that I’m running. For a source I’m running HQ Audio from Spotify.

Un-Eqed: Sounds a little bright but it’s not unbearable.

EQ Setting 1: Hard to describe it seems a little flimsy.

EQ Setting 2: Definitely punchier in the bass region but veiled compared to Un-Equed.

EQ Setting 3: This seems to be the worse of the three.

Next steps: Once I get some more time I’m going to recheck my settings. I think the issue is with how I put them in. I’ll try to post screen shots tomorrow night.

May 8, 2024 at 10:52 PM Post #4,146 of 4,150
Ok so a few thoughts.

I had a chance to sit down with them a little bit tonight. Right now I have three EQ settings that I’m running. For a source I’m running HQ Audio from Spotify.

Un-Eqed: Sounds a little bright but it’s not unbearable.

EQ Setting 1: Hard to describe it seems a little flimsy.

EQ Setting 2: Definitely punchier in the bass region but veiled compared to Un-Equed.

EQ Setting 3: This seems to be the worse of the three.

Next steps: Once I get some more time I’m going to recheck my settings. I think the issue is with how I put them in. I’ll try to post screen shots tomorrow night.
Try your setting two and get the upper frequencies to where you want it. Or start with the EQ flat and just boost mid-bass, bass and sub-bass regions. Do this slowly while listening. Could take several adjustments to get it like you want it. All of our system components and ancillary parts are different. Our tastes will be different. You will have to fine tune for you.

May 8, 2024 at 11:40 PM Post #4,147 of 4,150
Try your setting two and get the upper frequencies to where you want it. Or start with the EQ flat and just boost mid-bass, bass and sub-bass regions. Do this slowly while listening. Could take several adjustments to get it like you want it. All of our system components and ancillary parts are different. Our tastes will be different. You will have to fine tune for you.

Will do. I’m getting the feeling that the LCD-XCs are like a tailored suit.

May 9, 2024 at 12:01 AM Post #4,148 of 4,150
Will do. I’m getting the feeling that the LCD-XCs are like a tailored suit.
Exactly. That is one of the reasons I love the pair I have, once they are tuned or tailored.

May 9, 2024 at 2:07 AM Post #4,149 of 4,150
I'm enjoying my xc 2021 without eq. Its resolution in bass range is phenomenal. Soooooo clean and clear. Only when I want some relaxed listening I cut 8 to 10khz about 3db

May 9, 2024 at 3:14 AM Post #4,150 of 4,150
I don’t eq my 2018 LCD-XC either. Never tried it though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back