Aune S17 pro
Apr 25, 2024 at 3:37 PM Post #2,206 of 2,219
hi guys my s17 has arrived yesterday.. o gosh this is the amp, i love it from the 10 second i listened. i'm a musician and an audiophile from 30 years and it takes few second to decide if something worth or not, for example having listened to ef400 in one minute decide to re sell it. this amp is wonderfull, sound wonderfull, the sound is spread well, instruments are well layered and they keep their right timbre and the attack of the sound is correctly fast,crisp, you feel the energy of the musician a lot of micro details (texture) and its a not a warm sound , rolled off somewhere, and the reverb the sense of space is great. i listened to all these increasing in quality, driving it from just a rca cable coming from a ifi gryphon so imagine what can i obtain with a better dac trough an xlr cable. now i'm looking for the sibling dac to this, to drive with the maximum magic my he1000se but 2/3 of the road has passed! buy it with confidence, thanks Giangi to having sold it to me
That is such a great post and it really speaks to me. I hear very quickly if something is worth it to me or not. I have loved the S17 from the moment I first listened to it. It makes you want to listen to and enjoy music.

Apr 25, 2024 at 7:02 PM Post #2,208 of 2,219
Since then, I replaced the original Hifiman cable in the HE1000 Stealth headphones with a QED cable - this cable nicely cleared the midrange of some brightness, the second thing is that Aune changed the sound during the burn-in process, the change also occurs mainly in the midrange. The effect of these changes is now that I listen to music on Aune and enjoy it, and when I switched to Singxer a few days ago, I only noticed that Singxer's presentation is more dissociated and less engaging, so I went back to listening to music with Aune . I think my Aune is still burning out, but I still have the Singxer and I'm going to compare them next weekend, then I'll answer your question.

Additionally I'm going to try using the Singxer SA-1 as a pure PRE for the Aune, I'm just waiting for a new XLR cable to daisy chain them together.
Do you have the jumper mod on your Singxer SA-1?, for what I read that helps a lot in the sound quality and performance of this amp, but it has some risks if not done properly.

Apr 25, 2024 at 7:12 PM Post #2,209 of 2,219
Since then, I replaced the original Hifiman cable in the HE1000 Stealth headphones with a QED cable - this cable nicely cleared the midrange of some brightness, the second thing is that Aune changed the sound during the burn-in process, the change also occurs mainly in the midrange. The effect of these changes is now that I listen to music on Aune and enjoy it, and when I switched to Singxer a few days ago, I only noticed that Singxer's presentation is more dissociated and less engaging, so I went back to listening to music with Aune . I think my Aune is still burning out, but I still have the Singxer and I'm going to compare them next weekend, then I'll answer your question.

Additionally I'm going to try using the Singxer SA-1 as a pure PRE for the Aune, I'm just waiting for a new XLR cable to daisy chain them together.
Is there a QED headphone cable? I use QED speaker cables and I like them, but I've searched now for headphone cable and didn't found nothing about it.

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:26 PM Post #2,210 of 2,219
I recommend Topping 30 Pro instead of SMSL D-6s for Aune 17 Pro. Combine this with balanced XLR. The D30 Pro can be had in Europe for €249
I still don't understand why the D30Pro instead of the SMSL D-6s MQA MQA-CD ES9039Q2M. The SMSL D-6s also has balanced XRL, plus MQA and DSD 512 which the D30Pro does not have. In my country, the SMSL is cheaper than the D30Pro,

Apr 26, 2024 at 1:47 AM Post #2,211 of 2,219
I still don't understand why the D30Pro instead of the SMSL D-6s MQA MQA-CD ES9039Q2M. The SMSL D-6s also has balanced XRL, plus MQA and DSD 512 which the D30Pro does not have. In my country, the SMSL is cheaper than the D30Pro,
You are right. Plus the D6s is a much newer Dac that punches above the price point the D30 pro was released at years ago.

Apr 26, 2024 at 1:50 AM Post #2,212 of 2,219
That is such a great post and it really speaks to me. I hear very quickly if something is worth it to me or not. I have loved the S17 from the moment I first listened to it. It makes you want to listen to and enjoy music.
For me it sounded a bit harsh the first couple of days. After burn in it smoothed out nicely and luckily the transformer hum also went away

Apr 26, 2024 at 3:16 AM Post #2,213 of 2,219
You are right. Plus the D6s is a much newer Dac that punches above the price point the D30 pro was released at years ago.
For me this nonsense like DSD512 and MQA has absolutely no meaning, so I don't get excited at all when I hear that Sabre has released a new processor, I just simple look at the sound of the whole thing

Apr 26, 2024 at 3:20 AM Post #2,214 of 2,219
Is there a QED headphone cable? I use QED speaker cables and I like them, but I've searched now for headphone cable and didn't found nothing about it.
I bought it on OLX in Poland, a friend from Ukraine does it, for a specific order. I would just like to point out that some people may consider these cables to be a bit too stiff, but the sound makes up for it.

Apr 26, 2024 at 3:35 AM Post #2,216 of 2,219
For anyone interested in replacing the fuse with an audiophile one, below is the response I received from the manufacturer:

"Hello, the fuse is soldered inside the S17 Pro. Please do not replace it, as it's been approved through our acoustic testing/tuning. And it will void the warranty."

Apr 26, 2024 at 8:38 AM Post #2,218 of 2,219
Then it's not QED? That's like saying that I have a friend that makes an Apple iPhone at home...
I have to admit that I've bought Nordost Supreme Odin cables XLR and QED cables XLR from Aliexpress China. They are reasonably priced, great sounding and impressive looking cables. Anyhow they definitely should not be named as they are. I don't know have the chinese replica producers met the original firms in court. Maybe.
It would be also most interesting to compare the originals and replicas. I'm quite sure the price/quality ratio in replicas is better?!

Apr 27, 2024 at 11:09 AM Post #2,219 of 2,219
Final hardware addition to the family: Quloos QU02 DDC. Just got it now but initial impressions are that it seems to bring life back to my setup after losing a bit of it changing to optical directly from a cheap USB-to-SPDIF adapter to avoid the handshake loss issue I had with my Hugo TT. Very happy with it so far!

1714230577655.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back