Best music player for local FLAC and DSD for Android Tablet
Apr 17, 2024 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

PinkyPowers

Reviewer: The Headphone List
I'm building a mid-tier listening station for my desk at work. Mojo2>Pietus Maximus>Headphone

I have plenty of android DAPs I could use to feed the Mojo, but I'm considering a Galaxy tablet I never use for anything else. I'll have a large microSD full of lossless files, some high res, and some DSD. I need a music app which can handle all this.

My go to is foobar2000, but I've never used that on a mobile device. Is this still a good choice, or is there a better?

Thanks for your time.

Apr 17, 2024 at 2:39 PM Post #2 of 5
Most popular is USB Audio Player Pro for $8.

You can also check out HiBy Music, which is free.

Apr 17, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #3 of 5
+1 For UAPP esp. when run Bitperfect and can expand its functions thru in-app purchases. Its a toss up between Neutron MP in SQ. However the later has horrible UI of which the developer won't improve.

If most of your files are DXD/DSD128 and below, please consider Onkyo HF Player. IMO it's a tad analog in presentation, plus it has a built-in upsampling function.

Hiby Music is ok...But its free so no complaints.

Poweramp nice UI. Got DSP controls. But could support only upto DSD64 (well the lastime I used it). Using it right now since its the only player that could do aptX Adaptive High Quality (24/96) with my Creative BT-W5 dongle to my FiiO UTWS5+UM Mentor OG.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 4:15 PM Post #4 of 5
+1 For UAPP esp. when run Bitperfect and can expand its functions thru in-app purchases. Its a toss up between Neutron MP in SQ. However the later has horrible UI of which the developer won't improve.

If most of your files are DXD/DSD128 and below, please consider Onkyo HF Player. IMO it's a tad analog in presentation, plus it has a built-in upsampling function.

Hiby Music is ok...But its free so no complaints.

Poweramp nice UI. Got DSP controls. But could support only upto DSD64 (well the lastime I used it). Using it right now since its the only player that could do aptX Adaptive High Quality (24/96) with my Creative BT-W5 dongle to my FiiO UTWS5+UM Mentor OG.
Hiby seems very capable right now. Thanks!

https://www.hiby.com/jsjs/index_53.aspx

Apr 17, 2024 at 4:20 PM Post #5 of 5
All apps have trials..so suggesting to compare. Its just $8 difference max.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back