Best way to lose some weight?
Apr 4, 2024 at 6:47 PM Post #91 of 101
Stop eating sugar.

At 6 foot I should weigh 190lbs, is what I weighed in 2021 but was at 245lbs after the Holidays.
I dropped 30lbs over the past couple months and hit 215lbs today.

I will be satisfied at 200 and am comforted in knowing the last 15 come off easier that the first 15.
Then I can have a decent cup of coffee, because it's not worth drinking without sugar.

Apr 9, 2024 at 2:00 AM Post #94 of 101
In the past I had good luck with the Paleo Diet, eat like a caveman.
Meat, butter, meat, eggs, meat... My weight went down and my cholesterol went up.
Temporarily, till I modified my diet. No Stantin drugs for me, thank you, Doctor.

Apr 11, 2024 at 3:20 AM Post #96 of 101
Eat less, eat well, stop drinking alcohol and exercise.

I lost 10kg (22lb) in 4-5 months by completely cutting out sugar, alcohol and decreasing carbs by 80%. Plus, I started to run 32km (20 miles) per week.
Once I reached my weight-loss goal, I eased up on my diet eating more carbs and occasionally having some desserts or even a beer. I still do my runs.

Stop watching all the weight-loss health-gurus on YouTube, diet is simple math: your calorie intake must be less than what your body burns. On an average day (without heavy exercise) the average body needs 2000 calories. I did not use a calorie counting app, but roughly calculated in my head not to exceed 1500 calories for those weight-loss months.

Apr 28, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #98 of 101
Like many said losing weight is a matter of having a daily calorie deficit, but staying healthy is a different matter. Get an active dog! They'll make you walk and change your lifestyle. Eat less fat, sugar, carbs, sodium. Snack on veggies and fruits. In 2017, I lost 60lbs in one year eating a clean diet and bicycling.

May 3, 2024 at 10:00 AM Post #99 of 101
Exercising where I am at was kind of a pain because it is -20F in the winter and 120F in the summer, so no great time to do anything outside expect for a few months a year. So what I did was get a rowing machine and it has been awesome. I just unfold it, get on, and row for 30min a day. Don’t need to prep or put on special clothes or shoes or go anywhere, etc. super easy. Works your whole body and and very low impact. In one year I’ve rowed 1.75 million meters, burned over 100k calories, and lost 25 lbs. without changing my diet or anything else. So exercise really does work lol. Now I guess I just have to keep at for the rest of my life :-/.

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #100 of 101

Users who are viewing this thread

Back