Better MG Head DT pictures
Aug 19, 2001 at 3:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

briantf27

100+ Head-Fier
I was in the office today, and took some pictures of the setup as it currently exists. I think these pics are all much better than the last round, so you MG Head DT lookers should be happy.

After clicking the thumbnails, you can also click "original" under each blown up picture to get the full resolution image.

http://www.pbase.com/brian_workstereo/pics_of_office

Enjoy!

Brian.

Aug 19, 2001 at 3:49 AM Post #3 of 12
Yipes! I never realized how ugly the MG Head looked with the cage on...

Looks like a beauty with it off, looks like one of those old ovens with it on...

Well, no more hand burnings at least...

Aug 19, 2001 at 4:07 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by pearle
Wow, great looking pictures briantf27.

I'm curious, what camera did you use?

- pearle

It's a Canon S10. Takes pretty good pics in fully automatic mode. I'd been playing with some of the manual modes for other pics, and didn't do a good job.
smily_headphones1.gif
These look better.

Aug 19, 2001 at 4:10 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by chych
Yipes! I never realized how ugly the MG Head looked with the cage on...

Looks like a beauty with it off, looks like one of those old ovens with it on...

Well, no more hand burnings at least...

Yeah, but form follows function for me and those tubes are too expensive to be be uncaged...
smily_headphones1.gif

Brian.

Aug 27, 2001 at 11:45 PM Post #7 of 12
Nice set up.

With regards to the cable, did you make this yourself? I need to use an extension cable on my HD-600s (due to room layout) but if I can get a long cable made that plugs directly to the HD-600s that would be ideal. Is that what you have done? (That's how it looks in the pictures).

Aug 27, 2001 at 11:58 PM Post #8 of 12
It is a Clou Jaspis red cable. They are for sale at headroom.com. It does have that homemade look, doesn't it?

Brian.

Aug 28, 2001 at 12:10 AM Post #9 of 12
It does a bit doesn't it?

Does this cable plug directly into the HD-600s?

Do you know if it comes as a mini-jack version? I use a Corda amp and this takes mini-jack plugs.

Aug 28, 2001 at 12:13 AM Post #10 of 12
Plugs directly into the HD600 - that's what its made to do (replace the stock Senn cable). No mini-plug that I know of, but adaptors are readily available. Or, alternatively, remove the supplied plug and solder on a different one.

Brian.

Aug 28, 2001 at 5:59 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by mbriant
Don't let Jude see that CD player sitting on that cardboard box or he'll have a stroke.

Haha!! That was temporary. It is now sitting on a cinder block and 1" MDF shelf. :)

Brian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back