Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Apr 21, 2024 at 5:56 PM Post #5,133 of 5,141
Just curious , listening to Tidal which should give you lossless sound I believe , did you try the test posted by streetbeat and if so how did you score ?
FOMO
I confess that with my aging ears, I just go for the best of everything (within my budget), for fear of missing out. Then I can avoid these types of tests.

I find that the recording/mixing quality is more noticeable than any other factor. I have lost my patience with poor recordings.

Apr 21, 2024 at 7:33 PM Post #5,134 of 5,141
FOMO
I confess that with my aging ears, I just go for the best of everything (within my budget), for fear of missing out. Then I can avoid these types of tests.

I find that the recording/mixing quality is more noticeable than any other factor. I have lost my patience with poor recordings.
Totally agree the recording/mixing quality is the most important and one of the disadvantages of better equipment is that I can't be bothered to listen to poor Production tracks or albums that I probably used to quite enjoy . For me the value of tests such as the one we are discussing is it convinces me I can't tell the difference between true lossless sound and what I get over Bluetooth with my iPhone and PX8 so no point (for me) in going to any trouble or expense to get true lossless sound . I would be willing to go to the trouble and expense (within reason ) if I could demonstrably tell the difference .

Apr 27, 2024 at 1:55 PM Post #5,135 of 5,141
at the end I went for the tacky option xD
I think it looks really nice in person. The gold is subtle and the burgundy color is not too bright or pink
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

I really like the way they sound, more than when I tested them along with the PX7s2
Relaxed but not muffled, nice sense of space around the instruments...
Now I have to hope that the battery will be fine and that the headband will not fall apart : D

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:10 PM Post #5,136 of 5,141
I think it looks really nice in person. The gold is subtle and the burgundy color is not too bright or pink

I really like the way they sound, more than when I tested them along with the PX7s2
Now I have to hope that the battery will be fine and that the headband will not fall apart : D
I've had mine for a week or so and have been using them for a few hours per day at work. I've really enjoyed them, they sound great to me and are very comfortable.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 4:47 PM Post #5,137 of 5,141
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Enjoy! And may thy headband NOT chip and shatter 😅

And talking about the headband, I may have found a non-invasive fix, I'll say more in one week, see if it's effective.

Apr 29, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #5,138 of 5,141
Just arranged for my second replacement pair of PX8 to go in for the headband fix or replacement (estimated at 2 weeks). Fortunately the original guarantee is still valid as well as the replacement guarantee!

A pity about this issue, they're great-sounding headphones...

May 10, 2024 at 5:25 PM Post #5,139 of 5,141
Headband quick and effective fix:

I have used car double adhesive tape as it is black and thinner than the regular white tape.

20240421_110222.jpg

Cut three thin strips and used them at roughly uniform distance along the affected area. One in the center and two towards the sides.

20240421_110432.jpg
20240421_110712.jpg
20240421_111225.jpg

First I pushed the leather in place like before, with no adhesive, and then gently slid it back out just enough as to stick one strip to the leather and then use the tool in the photo to push it back in, sticking the other adhesive side to the top part.
Held the two sides firmly together for a few seconds.

20240421_111329.jpg
20240421_111434.jpg

Repeated this for the other two strips.

After I finished (of course...) I thought that the process could be improved by leaving the film over the adhesive side that goes to the top and cutting the strip in a way to have a longer film "tab" to pull from after the strip is in place.

Hope it makes sense.

A month has passed and the headband fix holds well, no problem.

Last edited:
May 11, 2024 at 6:30 AM Post #5,141 of 5,141
My headphones are back - once again, they replaced them with a new pair sealed in their original packing, complete with accessories. After an overnight break-in, they're good to go :wink:

B&W say you don't need to return the accessories when returning headphones for repair, so I now have two sets of accessories, including the travel case/shell (the first time, I returned everything) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Users who are viewing this thread

Back