CanJam Global 2018 Event Thread (NYC, Singapore, SoCal, London, RMAF, Shanghai)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #527 of 1,303
1.) Unless you know what you want to see, hear, and buy, get a multi-day pass.

2.) Write down what interests you on at least three sheets of paper, labeled headphones, in-ears or earbuds, and DACs or Amps.

3.) If you can get the vendor list and map before the event, write down which interested item is at their assigned vendor table, which room/hall they reside, and which floor and building the room/hall can be found. Otherwise, you can wait until the first day of the event to do this as well.

4.) Once you know where you are going, make note of all the bathrooms, elevators, and stairways around your intended visiting areas. Making note of where restaurants, cafes, and corner stores are is also useful.

5.). If you intend to check out any scheduled seminars or mini-meets, make sure you put an alert(s) on your phone, or write it down on a sheet of paper and keep some kind of watch.

6.) Keep a backpack with you, so you can have a place to put stuff with you. If you want to make comparisons, do not bring more than one headphone, earbud/IEM set, portable DAC/Amp, DAP, or anything used for comparison.

7.) If areas get crowded, please use good judgement and be polite. If you want to demo something and that area is crowded, make sure that there is a line or not. If there is a line, get in it and once it is your turn with others behind you, do not take more than five minutes or one song, as others are waiting and you can get back in line. If there is not a line, ask the person behind the table if you can demo the item. If there is no person behind the table or they are busy, please wait a minute or two, until they can help you.

8.) Do not be a slob and leave cups, bottles, plates, napkins, or other trash on tables or other places that trash does not belong. This also goes with brochures and other vendor info pieces, which go into your backpack.

9.) If you followed all of the above tips, then you can enjoy the show for what it is worth.

This is very good tips for preparing yourself before attending CanJam or any HeadFi meets.

I'll share some of my preparation work when I used to run around in shows and events ... too bad I can't do that anymore. :tired_face:

Bring your music with you, it doesn't need to be a very long list, try to limit to 10 or maximum 20 songs only. Put the same set of music into a TF card and a USB thumb drive, and bring a TF to SD adapter with you, this should cover a lot of audition opportunity already. Your audition will be a lot more efficient if you can use music that you are familiar with, and standardize the choice of music across all auditions in the event might sound boring but will allow you to compare gears effectively.

If you intend to audition DAC or headphone amplifier in this event, bring a pair of headphone with you. Ideally the headphone should be something that you are familiar with, a closed back with good isolation, terminated in 4pin XLR and carry a XLR to 6.35mm adapter cable so that you can plug into most if not all headphone amplifiers. I used Alpha Dog as my show audition headphone I join Cayin.

If you intend to audition DAP or portable DAC/Amp in this event, bring a pair of IEM with you. If you have a CM in your collection, that would be your default choice because you of better isolation. You can try out as many IEM as possible during an audition, but you should have at least one common IEM used across all audition on that day.

Bring a DAP with you if you are into portables. Bring as many adapter.cables with you as possible so that you can use the DAP as source, both digital and analogue:
Line out: 3.5mm to 2x RCA, 3.5mm to 3.5mm (analogue),
digital: USB cable for digital connection, coaxial or optical cable if your DAP supports that

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 12, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #528 of 1,303
This is very good tips for preparing yourself before attending CanJam or any HeadFi meets.

I'll share some of my preparation work when I used to run around in shows and events ... too bad I can't do that anymore. :tired_face:

Bring your music with you, it doesn't need to be a very long list, try to limit to 10 or maximum 20 songs only. Put the same set of music into a TF card and a USB thumb drive, and bring a TF to SD adapter with you, this should cover a lot of audition opportunity already. Your audition will be a lot more efficient if you can use music that you are familiar with, and standardize the choice of music across all auditions in the event might sound boring but will allow you to compare gears effectively.

If you intend to audition DAC or headphone amplifier in this event, bring a pair of headphone with you. Ideally the headphone should be something that you are familiar with, a closed back with good isolation, terminated in 4pin XLR and carry a XLR to 6.35mm adapter cable so that you can plug into most if not all headphone amplifiers. I used Alpha Dog as my show audition headphone I join Cayin.

If you intend to audition DAP or portable DAC/Amp in this event, bring a pair of IEM with you. If you have a CM in your collection, that would be your default choice because you of better isolation. You can try out as many IEM as possible during an audition, but you should have at least one common IEM used across all audition on that day.

Bring a DAP with you if you are into portables. Bring as many adapter.cables with you as possible so that you can use the DAP as source, both digital and analogue:
Line out: 3.5mm to 2x RCA, 3.5mm to 3.5mm (analogue),
digital: USB cable for digital connection, coaxial or optical cable if your DAP supports that

Hoping to catch up with you at the SoCal CanJam Andy :) Are you going to be there this year?

Mar 12, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #530 of 1,303

For those attending CanJam Singapore and CanJam SoCal, we're producing a run of CanJam Global 2018 "Tour" T-Shirts in 2 versions: black, and white.

To reserve your shirt, please reply in the thread (do not PM) with your Head-Fi handle, color choice, the size you want, and how many of that size you want, and CanJam event you are attending - all separated by hyphens. If you need to order multiple sizes, please start a new line. For example, this is my "order":

third_eye-Black-L-3-SoCal
third_eye-White-S-1-Singapore

We're taking pre-orders for CanJam Singapore and CanJam SoCal only at this time and will update the thread when we start taking preorders for London, RMAF, and Shanghai. Please note that the T-Shirts are US sizing. CanJam Global 2018 T-Shirt pricing is as follows:

SoCal - $25
Singapore - SGD $35

All T-Shirt preorders will be both picked up and paid for at the show, although we must have your reservation now in order to guarantee your shirts. The deadline for CanJam Singapore 2018 T-Shirt preorders is Monday, March 19, 2018. The deadline for SoCal T-Shirt orders is Wednesday, April 5. CanJam Global 2018 volunteers do not have to separately order their T-shirts as we will be providing them directly.
<cancel order please, volunteering instead>

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #531 of 1,303
Shanling is heading to Canjam Singapore!!

Well, not big crew...actually just me.. So If you see tall white guy at Jaben table, stop by to say hi.

(gonna bring some stuff for possible giveaway)

And maybe one surprise....
I'll pop by to say hi. big fan of shanling! any hints of m5s? hahha

Mar 13, 2018 at 5:03 AM Post #535 of 1,303
Hoping to catch up with you at the SoCal CanJam Andy :) Are you going to be there this year?

Unfortunately, we probably can't make it to CanJam SoCal this year. We have a tight schedule on April and we are aiming at several new products in May.

We haven't confirm our show schedule in second half of 2018 yet, it really depends on the schedule of our new product, If we didn't slip our schedule again, we probably will bring another new product to RMAF. :beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 13, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #536 of 1,303

For those attending CanJam Singapore and CanJam SoCal, we're producing a run of CanJam Global 2018 "Tour" T-Shirts in 2 versions: black, and white.

To reserve your shirt, please reply in the thread (do not PM) with your Head-Fi handle, color choice, the size you want, and how many of that size you want, and CanJam event you are attending - all separated by hyphens. If you need to order multiple sizes, please start a new line. For example, this is my "order":

third_eye-Black-L-3-SoCal
third_eye-White-S-1-Singapore

We're taking pre-orders for CanJam Singapore and CanJam SoCal only at this time and will update the thread when we start taking preorders for London, RMAF, and Shanghai. Please note that the T-Shirts are US sizing. CanJam Global 2018 T-Shirt pricing is as follows:

SoCal - $25
Singapore - SGD $35

All T-Shirt preorders will be both picked up and paid for at the show, although we must have your reservation now in order to guarantee your shirts. The deadline for CanJam Singapore 2018 T-Shirt preorders is Monday, March 19, 2018. The deadline for SoCal T-Shirt orders is Wednesday, April 5. CanJam Global 2018 volunteers do not have to separately order their T-shirts as we will be providing them directly.

OH BOY!

malvinviriya-Black-L-1-Singapore

Mar 13, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #537 of 1,303
CanJam SoCal 2018 Attendees! Register here for your Smyth Realiser A16 demonstration time slot! Demo slots are on a first come first serve basis, and please note that one demo slot is allowed per registered CanJam SoCal 2018 attendee. You will need to input your Eventbrite ticket number in the form, CanJam SoCal volunteers can input "Volunteer" in this field.

The A16 demos will be in the Atrium II private room on the Mezzanine Level, an escalator up from the main lobby. Don't miss your chance to experience one of the sure highlights of CanJam SoCal 2018!

smyth.jpg

Mar 13, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #538 of 1,303
CanJam SoCal 2018 Attendees! Register here for your Smyth Realiser A16 demonstration time slot! Demo slots are on a first come first serve basis, and please note that one demo slot is allowed per registered CanJam SoCal 2018 attendee. You will need to input your Eventbrite ticket number in the form, CanJam SoCal volunteers can input "Volunteer" in this field.

The A16 demos will be in the Atrium II private room on the Mezzanine Level, an escalator up from the main lobby. Don't miss your chance to experience one of the sure highlights of CanJam SoCal 2018!

One of my favorite demos in London a year and a half ago. Highly advisable to get your spot in if you haven’t already!

Mar 13, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #540 of 1,303
Was just about to comment that. Amazing experience! Definitely try this one if you haven't yet.
Just curious: will you be introducing any new product(s) to CanJam SoCal if you exhibit there this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back