Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 1, 2024 at 3:48 PM Post #18,766 of 18,780
Hi all,

New problem that I have powered through over the last few weeks. When I first turn on the Mojo2/Poly, the P status light flashes for a good three to four minutes while it is scanning my SD card (I recently upgraded to a 1.5tb card). While the Poly is scanning, Gofigure crashes every time until the Poly is done scanning. I don’t recall the Poly scanning every time I power up. Is that normal behavior with the latest OS? maybe my new card? Is there a way to enable a card scan only when I want to do so (like after adding new content)?

Thanks!

That's not how it should be. Can you delete the database files on the µSD card and then let it scan all again?

May 1, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #18,768 of 18,780
Hi all,

New problem that I have powered through over the last few weeks. When I first turn on the Mojo2/Poly, the P status light flashes for a good three to four minutes while it is scanning my SD card (I recently upgraded to a 1.5tb card). While the Poly is scanning, Gofigure crashes every time until the Poly is done scanning. I don’t recall the Poly scanning every time I power up. Is that normal behavior with the latest OS? maybe my new card? Is there a way to enable a card scan only when I want to do so (like after adding new content)?

Thanks!
From memory the early firmware had a similar problem if there was not enough spare space on the SD card for the index file.
Maybe you have confused Poly by copying all your files to the larger card, so try deleting the possibly corrupted index file, and let Poly recreate a new one from scratch.
If that doesn't cure things, then email chord support and see what they suggest.

May 1, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #18,769 of 18,780
I did that and am hopeful that it resolves the flashing P status light. However, I was getting and continue to get this crash notification more often than not:

IMG_1548 2.PNG

I deleted Gofigure and downloaded it again from the App Store. Still getting the crash report...

May 2, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #18,771 of 18,780
Hi all,

Thanks!
I have the same thing happening with my Poly; it indexes my 1tb card every time I turn it on. I've deleted the database files and had it rebuild a few times now but its made no difference. However, I don't get GoFigure crashing on me (it confirms that the database in being indexed). I've learnt to live with it now as it doesn't seem to affect playback.

May 2, 2024 at 12:20 PM Post #18,772 of 18,780
Hi all,

Thanks!
Did you have the same issue with your previous mSD card? Have you tried re-formatting the card, then load only about ¼ of the songs back on it?

May 3, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #18,773 of 18,780
I did that and am hopeful that it resolves the flashing P status light. However, I was getting and continue to get this crash notification more often than not:

IMG_1548 2.PNG

I deleted Gofigure and downloaded it again from the App Store. Still getting the crash report...
This has been going on for weeks. I think Chord is switching servers and have nto worked out the kinks yet. Fingers crossed it uis up an running soon. I think if you are having issues and you contact support they have a manual way you can update.

May 4, 2024 at 9:32 AM Post #18,775 of 18,780
Mostly good news to report. I deleted the database files on the µSDcard as @CH23 suggested and that eliminated the flashing P light. I deleted and reinstalled Gofigure and that may have helped with the app crashing (as it no longer crashes :) At first, I found that once I launched Rigelian on my iPhone (to answer @miketlse's question), I was able to only select an album and begin the playback with the app. No other functions work when tapping on the screen. I couldn only control the stop, play, next/previous track with Gofigure. Now, I am able to do those functions in Rigelian, but there is a very slight lag when I touch the screen and when Rigelian acts. That's the only remaining issue.

To other commentators (with my thanks to everyone who replied)- @rwelles, no I didn't have the same issue with my previous 400gb card and @miketlse, I didn't copy the content from my old card, but dragged and dropped music from my NAS to the new card.

Also worth noting- this is all when I am using the Poly in the hybrid hotspot mode. Network mode with Roon is fine.

May 4, 2024 at 4:35 PM Post #18,776 of 18,780
Hi,

I'm hesitating to buy the Mojo 2 + Poly (cheaper as a combo) and I'd like to know if I can listen to Qobuzz, Tidal,... in lossless, in wifi mode. Is it working well (I have a solid wifi at home)? I don't want to disconnect the two each time I want to stream music. Is possible to do it outside, too? Is the battery the same (about 8h) when Poly is attached? will the sound quality, while streaming on wifi, as good as connected in USB-C with the Mojo only? Sound quality improved with SD card only? I'm sorry for all these questions...

May 4, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #18,777 of 18,780
Hi,

I'm hesitating to buy the Mojo 2 + Poly (cheaper as a combo) and I'd like to know if I can listen to Qobuzz, Tidal,... in lossless, in wifi mode. Is it working well (I have a solid wifi at home)? I don't want to disconnect the two each time I want to stream music. Is possible to do it outside, too? Is the battery the same (about 8h) when Poly is attached? will the sound quality, while streaming on wifi, as good as connected in USB-C with the Mojo only? Sound quality improved with SD card only? I'm sorry for all these questions...
The Apps to play music of the SD card are not user friendly especially if you are on the go.

Poly can’t be turned off. Even if you don’t use you still need to charge it like every week or two, or you end up with drained battery when you decide to use it.

But Mojo2 is useless to me without Poly, it’s too big and heavy to use it as a cable dongle on the go.

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 1:17 AM Post #18,778 of 18,780
The Apps to play music of the SD card are not user friendly especially if you are on the go.

Poly can’t be turned off. Even if you don’t use you still need to charge it like every week or two, or you end up with drained battery when you decide to use it.

But Mojo2 is useless to me without Poly, it’s too big and heavy to use it as a cable dongle on the go.
the MPD Apps for playing files on the mSD are simpler and more immediate than you think, I use MAFA on Android and there is nothing more reliable

May 5, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #18,779 of 18,780

Actually, if you unplugged the poly from the mojo, the battery does not drain nearly as fast. About the same as other battery powered products.

May 5, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #18,780 of 18,780
Hi,

How is the Mojo2/Poly cheaper as a combo? Are you getting them as a package deal?

As stated above, the Poly will lose charge when it is disconnected about the same as anything else. You'll end up using the Poly at home streaming Qobuz and Tidal as you want lossless over WiFi. I usually leave the Mojo2/Poly plugged in on desktop mode when I'm home. I don't really ever disconnect them. I don't travel with it much though. I have other more portable solutions.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back