Creek OBH-2 worth $100?
Jul 5, 2001 at 1:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

joshbosh

New Head-Fier
I'd oh-so dig it if any of you crazy headphone-wearing, amplifier-bearing, mattress tag-tearing, tender-and-caring Head-Fi.organizers would hook ol' Josh Bosh up with the skinny concerning the Creek OBH-2.

I have a Hercules Game Theater XP with which I'll use XLO TWINAX interconnects to connect a Creek OBH-11, which I pray to Odin will be able to do decent job of driving Miss Beyer (the 250-Ohm DT 990s I'm ordering from Jan "The Man" Meier). Considering that my setup will end up costing me a grand (or not so grand) total of around $475, I'd love to know whether or not that little OBH-2 person is worth paying an extra 100 ducketts (Duckett was the last name of the 4-foot tall drug addict who would continuously attempt to sell me stolen goods while I was the manager of comic shop back in NY).

Any insight that's provided would be totally appreciated. Thank you from the bottom of the fist-sized hunk of stone that resides within my chest.

Jul 5, 2001 at 10:04 AM Post #2 of 11
All I know is that the OBH2 made a huge difference for me. Even with the low-impedance phones I'm using the sound improved noticeably, so with your high-impedance Beyers it should be a huge step up. Are you sure you can't get it any cheaper though? Here in Sweden it only cost $50.

Jul 5, 2001 at 10:38 AM Post #3 of 11
mcbiff, thanks for the info. If the OBH-2 made a big ol' difference for your low-impedance headphones, then you're probably right; the DT 990s I ordered should see significant improvement with it as well.

As far as the price goes, I've looked around, but I can't seem to find it for much less than $100. Is it really only $50 in Sweden? That settles it! After years of procrastination, I'm finally going to live out my dreams. Look out world, Josh Bosh is moving to Sweden!

There's just one thing I need to know before I quit my job and start packing: do you get the Cartoon Network over there?

Jul 5, 2001 at 12:00 PM Post #4 of 11
Great! It'll be nice to have another headphoneiac here in Sweden. We do get the Cartoon Network too, so now you have no reason not to come.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 5, 2001 at 11:54 PM Post #5 of 11
$50 OBH-2s AND the Cartoon Network?! What more can a guy ask for? I bet Space Ghost is even more profound when he's speaking Swedish.

Thanks, mcbiff. And thanks to all you kooky kids who voted, too. I definitely am going to snag an OBH-2. Once I have everything all hooked up, I'm sure my Aquabats CDs will sound better than ever!

Aug 17, 2001 at 7:03 PM Post #8 of 11
Gotta love the Aquabats
biggrin.gif
Nice choice of tunes, joshbosh.

Aug 17, 2001 at 7:39 PM Post #9 of 11
I ordered my OBH-2 from Stone Audio yesterday for US$76 airmailed to Toronto, and they said it'd take 2-3 days for the factory to send them a 110V version.

Aug 17, 2001 at 8:53 PM Post #11 of 11
morphsci and wasifazim, where were you two crazy bastards when I needed you? $56 plus S&H for an OBH-2? Man alive. And to think, in order for me to get the $90 I ended up paying for my OBH-2, I had to skip breakfast for a week and a half...and by golly, it's the most important meal of the day!

If I catch any of the rest of you silly willies hogging good deals, I'm callin' up "Grand Master" FrostyMMB and we're comin' over to your house with the Bat Commander and Benji the Tap Dancing Mutant Boy, and there's gonna be hell to pay!

By the way, Dr. Jerikl, if morphsci and wasifazim are indeed telling the truth (which is uncertain, considering they're convicted deal-hoggers) and the OBH-2 can be obtained for $56 plus S&H, then I say go for it! Just make sure the purchase doesn't interfere with your intake of nutrients.

mbriant, I found out just in the nick of time about the abysmal Swedish Cartoon Network and it's lack of non-Hagar cartoons. That's why I'm still living in West Hollywood and not Sweden. Hey, no offense to all you Hagar lovers, but I mean, come on...a cartoon starring a Viking? Don't you think that's sort of dumb? Well, anyway, I have to be heading off now. I gotta finish watching the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe video I just bought on eBay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back