Dayzee - Flagship DAC from Geshelli Labs
Aug 28, 2024 at 11:27 PM Post #61 of 63
I've been following This thread for a while. Are you able to replace the op amps on the dayzee yourself later?

Yes you can...but unlike the other Geshelli DACs where you can split channels (balanced and unbalanced separately), the Dayzee has a dual-mono design so that means all eight op-amps must be replaced at once. I definitely confirmed that during my tour. With some of the higher-end designs (like Sparkos Pro), that could be a pricey proposition on an already pricey unit.

Aug 29, 2024 at 7:07 AM Post #62 of 63
I've been following This thread for a while. Are you able to replace the op amps on the dayzee yourself later?

Yes you can...but unlike the other Geshelli DACs where you can split channels (balanced and unbalanced separately), the Dayzee has a dual-mono design so that means all eight op-amps must be replaced at once. I definitely confirmed that during my tour. With some of the higher-end designs (like Sparkos Pro), that could be a pricey proposition on an already pricey unit.
True enough, but if you are someone who does a lot of tube rolling, pad swapping, and cable swapping it is just another piece of gear with a high tinker factor. I am not quite there yet, but I can see the appeal. 😂

Aug 29, 2024 at 7:17 AM Post #63 of 63
True enough, but if you are someone who does a lot of tube rolling, pad swapping, and cable swapping it is just another piece of gear with a high tinker factor. I am not quite there yet, but I can see the appeal. 😂
Yep kind of like tube rolling brought to the modern era :). Between the original TIs (which is what I heard it with), the Sparkos, and even the underrated Burson Vivids.... there's a ton of tinkering that can be done on the Dayzee. And personally as someone with a system with not only no room correction but no tone controls whatsoever on my Audoo Research preamp, I love the fact that there's no filters or any adjustments possible.

In fact, I think I mentioned previously if you know the "AKM options" and prefer a particular one (like Brickwall), they need to set it at the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back