DMS Project Omega
Apr 27, 2024 at 10:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Philimon

Headphoneus Supremus
IMG_3120.png

(screenshot from headphones.com)

DMS from headphones.com presents Omega Alpha.
https://headphones.com/products/dms-omega-headphones
$1000

Utilizes the people pleasing Peerless Tymphany drivers.:
https://www.parts-express.com/Peerl...phone-Driver-Diaphragm-264-1510?quantity=2000
Well vetted by other boutique headphone companies and diyers. Guaranteed that you might like if youve liked versions from Nectar Audio, Aurorus Audio, Kennerton, etc. Omega Alpha has higher likelihood for you to like because was tuned with GRAS however cannot guarantee will match your individual HRTF and preference.

Quantities are limited to 1 year but after 1 year DMS will share info on how to build one yourself for free.

I highly recommend the Peerless Tymphany driver. Great value!

Apr 27, 2024 at 11:09 PM Post #2 of 11
I know its just an opinion to say Peerless Tymphany 50mm is great value. Its a driver that reminds me most of a 6XX driver but with better bass extension which is why I like to give diy creations to friends who are either new to hobby or cant believe you can get 6XX approximatation but with improved bass. Id say a 6XX driver advantage is perhaps slightly more resolving treble but its close… I actually prefer 6X0 but ya know, preferences and rig etc whatever. I highly recommend trying Peerless Tymphany driver at least as it may be just right for you.

Apr 28, 2024 at 12:23 PM Post #6 of 11
I forgot about that one in the Sponsor sub-forum. I only searched in headphone sub-forum. I think it’d be best if we had a thread in the headphone sub-forum as well. Ill transfer some of the info there to over here though. Thanks!

Im looking forward to hearing how customers compare to other Peerless Tymphany headphones.

edit: loaner tour? I know there is some specific bias when loaner item is reviewed because of nurturing relationships and appreciation for not having to buy, but I think the impressions could still be valuable and would be free advertising for DMS.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2024 at 8:22 PM Post #10 of 11
$1k is too much for a peerless driver these days, especially considering this has been done before both by Aurorus Audio and Nectar Sound, the latter at less than half the price.

These probably will sound quite good, however, considering what they're similar to.
Fair. DMS does state in his sponsored thread, “I’m also ready for the harsh feedback (just like I’ve been dishing out for years).”

Apr 30, 2024 at 10:49 AM Post #11 of 11
I guess that makes sense that a cheap common driver installation is not worth $1000 when you consider there are other Peerless equipped headphone options available from other small boutique headphone companies but for much less and have been available for some time and dont require the long preorder wait.

edit: help?
@dms @TaronL @Infoseeker @AsciiJC @Fuku

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back