Do I need a AMP for Westone B30 IEM (impedance 110ohms) ?
Jun 22, 2023 at 2:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Mike9

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

I just bought Westone B30, the sound is not what I expected, and I am expecting strong bass & low end, but the sound is not ideal, it seems not so strong.

I use iPhone lighting to 3.5 to play the music without any amp or dac, and I've checked the specs of B30, and the impedance is 110 ohms, sensitivity 117dB.

Therefore I am wondering if I need amp in order to have better sound experience?

THanks for any comments!

Jun 22, 2023 at 3:01 AM Post #2 of 2
Hello everyone,

I just bought Westone B30, the sound is not what I expected, and I am expecting strong bass & low end, but the sound is not ideal, it seems not so strong.

I use iPhone lighting to 3.5 to play the music without any amp or dac, and I've checked the specs of B30, and the impedance is 110 ohms, sensitivity 117dB.

Therefore I am wondering if I need amp in order to have better sound experience?

THanks for any comments!

Given the sensitivity compensating well enough for that still not that high impedance I'd sooner suspect the seal is the problem rather than matching the amp circuit driving it for power let alone impedance (ie this is more of a problem if the impedance is too low). Try other tips. If that doesn't work then maybe they really just don't sound right for you. Maybe other people that say there's enough bass just mean there's enough thump for them, not necessarily that there'd be the earphone equivalent of, say, an Escalade with four 1000w Audiobahn amplifiers each driving a 12in Audiobahn subwoofer in a ported enclosure driving 'round the 'hood and nobody ain't gon' complain about it dawg 'coz if they did some caps gon' get busted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back