Does Apache drive Edition7/Edition9/GS1000 well?
Mar 16, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by shaizada /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyhow, I think I'm now at the end of the dynamic headphone amp upgrade path...bomber incoming
wink.gif

oh snap. nice
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2008 at 8:41 PM Post #17 of 28
Please post images when the bomber lands! I am sure it will make an astounding arrival.

Mar 16, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #18 of 28
I will do that....I just don't have a decent camera to take pictures with. I'll do my best with a 5MP Nokia in daylight which should help a bit.

Seriously, I can barely wait but the Apache has taken off as of this morning to a new loving home. I already miss it so much
frown.gif

Bomber lands this tuesday. 2 days without any amp to drive my speakers or my cans. Its a long wait.

Back to the portable rig for my fix.

~G

Mar 16, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

I will do that....I just don't have a decent camera to take pictures with. I'll do my best with a 5MP Nokia in daylight which should help a bit.

Seriously, I can barely wait but the Apache has taken off as of this morning to a new loving home. I already miss it so much
frown.gif

Bomber lands this tuesday. 2 days without any amp to drive my speakers or my cans. Its a long wait.

Back to the portable rig for my fix.

~G

Ok, just this one time send it my way and I will take some images for you. There that should relieve you of the tension you are feeling of the possible compromise in image quality. No need to thank me. :^)

Mar 16, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #20 of 28
Your words are very comforting. Thank for being there Jamato8.

2 Days without my music setup is enough torture as it is
smily_headphones1.gif

Back on topic though, ED.9 with the Apache is just jolly good times. The GS1K craves tubes to tame it and Apache didn't set me in the right direction with those cans.

I'e sold the GS1K but I will surely repurchase them in balanced form down the line to use in a tube setup. Beautifully accurate soundstage from these cans and worthy of quality ear time.

~G

Mar 16, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

The GS1K craves tubes to tame it and Apache didn't set me in the right direction with those cans.

I'e sold the GS1K but I will surely repurchase them in balanced form down the line to use in a tube setup. Beautifully accurate soundstage from these cans and worthy of quality ear time.

the GS1K + Apache didn't impress me either. i think it does need tubes. it sounded pretty good with a WA4 (still not anything special though). haven't heard it from a B52. Maybe at this weekend's NY meet, i will give that combo a try.

did you buy the B52 that just sold in FS forum?

Mar 23, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #23 of 28
I got to spend a little time with Voltrons Balanced Ed9's not too long ago. We had them in the Apache and the Rudistor RPX-100. Out of these two the Rudi had a great synergy with the Ed9(balanced). The Apache sounded good, but it was not a suttle improvement going to the Rudi.

The GS-1000's (SE) was closer in both, but it did not match up well with the Apache as well. I have not heard of balanced reports on GS-1000's on the Apache.

So my only conclusions were:

Balanced Ed9's was better on RPX-100, as well as GS-1000 (SE).

Cheers,

Mar 24, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #24 of 28
I was about to sell the Ed 9.

I put it in the single ended headphone out of the B52 by mistake and ....

I'm not selling it anymore. Darn, I could have used the cash to upgrade other parts of the system!

Oh well.

I didn't get the same feeling about the Ed. 9 with the Apache, and thus my thoughts to sell earlier.

~G

May 15, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The GS-1000 balanced with Equinox cables are one of my favorite and most used phones. With the Apache I find these headphones spectacular.

Agreed. I have the Apache plus stock balanced GS1000's. The sound is incredible. I do want to try my Grados with a tube system though, just to see.

May 25, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #28 of 28
Man I now I wish that I would have heard the Balanced GS-1000's on the Apache before it went away....

I have still yet to see any Ed7's in my life...

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back