Ear cleaning
Jan 2, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #17 of 21
Just felt like adding some fresh thoughts onto this since alot of the stuff on it seems sus at best. Hope this helps someone'
A) It doesn't make any flippin' sense that Q tips push wax further in. What would make sense is that Q tips trigger your bodies mechanism to make more earwax and that could lead to impaction. But again, just stay hydrated so your ears can clean it out naturally.

B) I recently used an otoscope to clean up some earwax that was dried up on like the top and sides of my outter ear canal, and damn I feel alot of relief for some reason. I'm going to be keeping hydrated better to see if that helps, but I suspect it may just be a result of wearing iems for too many hours a day 😅 I'd like to find some more resources on outter earwax drying up and whether that type of stuff can cause problem.

Jan 16, 2023 at 11:46 PM Post #18 of 21
That's interesting

What are Q-tips?
^This^
I see, those things would push the wax in, right?
If you wait to clean them till you could plant potatoes in your ears? Yes.

When you're done with your shower twist up the corner of the washrag and use that.

Or just get some titanium ear gear, $6.53 on ebay:

eargear.jpg

1pc Ear Wax Removal Tool Ear Scoop Wax Remover Ear Wax Cleaner​

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2023 at 5:59 AM Post #20 of 21
Last edited:
Oct 5, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #21 of 21
I prefer it when a doctor handles ear cleaning for me. There's a significant distinction between a professional ear cleaning and attempting to do it at home by yourself. While not everyone requires such a service, individuals like myself who experience severe wax buildup should definitely consider seeing a doctor periodically. So, if you're dealing with stubborn earwax issues like I am, it's definitely worth consulting a medical professional for the best and safest results.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back