Earbuds Round-Up
May 1, 2024 at 9:43 AM Post #75,226 of 75,235
Bro, thank you for all your kind words and your impressions. I may have gifted you the earbuds, but you gave me so much more in return. Just knowing that you'll continue to enjoy some buds that I built for years to come is the real ultimate satisfaction. :beerchug:
You should be careful with your words here... Everyone following this thread would continue to enjoy some buds you built for them for years to come, which not only might be the ulimatestest satisfactory satifaction bliss, but might also secure you one of those spots in heaven!!! 😁
Those look incredibly nice by the way!

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 10:32 AM Post #75,227 of 75,235
You should be careful with your words here... Everyone following this thread would continue to enjoy some buds you built for them for years to come, which not only might be the ulimatestest satisfactory satifaction bliss, but might also secure you one of those spots in heaven!!! 😁
Haha, that's when I direct them to the Drag-n-Drop bud build link in my signature. One of the buds I gifted to @samandhi is the Artiste Nightingale. That build is released for all to build and enjoy. It's also a good start for newbie DIYer's to jump into the pool without fear of drowning. So you see, I've already given several gifts to the community and encourage the fine people here to "jump into the pool" and build a set of buds for themselves. :wink:

Those look incredibly nice by the way!
Thanks!

May 1, 2024 at 11:32 AM Post #75,228 of 75,235
Haha, that's when I direct them to the Drag-n-Drop bud build link in my signature. One of the buds I gifted to @samandhi is the Artiste Nightingale. That build is released for all to build and enjoy. It's also a good start for newbie DIYer's to jump into the pool without fear of drowning. So you see, I've already given several gifts to the community and encourage the fine people here to "jump into the pool" and build a set of buds for themselves. :wink:

Thanks!
Yes, I am aware that you are posting drag and drop builds every month or so. Thanks for doing that and your ever helpful advice for everyone here! 👍
I was only trying to be funny. Thats not always successful... 😅

May 1, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #75,229 of 75,235
Yes, I am aware that you are posting drag and drop builds every month or so. Thanks for doing that and your ever helpful advice for everyone here! 👍
I was only trying to be funny. Thats not always successful... 😅

Thanks!
I really laughed, and your humor is appreciated!!

May 1, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #75,232 of 75,235
Does Toneking have any earbuds that are somewhere between the TP16 and Green Mamba? I just got the TP16 and while I like the sound it doesn't have as wide of a soundstage as I would like but I don't want to go overboard with something like the Green Mamba. The Unicorn looks interesting but I haven't found a lot about how it sounds and from what I've read it seems like a lot of Toneking's earbuds are just a tweaked version of the Tomahawk which itself seems to be outclassed by newer options. I would prefer a removable cable and lower impedance so I can use them with any source but would be willing to try one without those features if the sound was closer to what I'm looking for.

May 1, 2024 at 5:52 PM Post #75,234 of 75,235
Mostly hip-hop and rap. I do plan to use them for gaming and watching movies though.
I think the Qian39 is the smallest earbuds with warm tuning, so it fits easily in any ear and is a great first earbuds.
And you should also buy the following earpads (VE Ex-pack) in case the earbuds is too small.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003133195399.html

But if your budget is about usd 50 and your ear size is large enough I want to recommend the following bass earbuds.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004475993273.html

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 6:52 PM Post #75,235 of 75,235
Does Toneking have any earbuds that are somewhere between the TP16 and Green Mamba? I just got the TP16 and while I like the sound it doesn't have as wide of a soundstage as I would like but I don't want to go overboard with something like the Green Mamba. The Unicorn looks interesting but I haven't found a lot about how it sounds and from what I've read it seems like a lot of Toneking's earbuds are just a tweaked version of the Tomahawk which itself seems to be outclassed by newer options. I would prefer a removable cable and lower impedance so I can use them with any source but would be willing to try one without those features if the sound was closer to what I'm looking for.
Why are you limiting yourself to Toneking earbuds?
If you really want Toneking earbuds, read the TO65 review below and buy them if you like them.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/toneking-t065.22748/reviews

If you don't mind if they are not Toneking earbuds, read the review of the famous LBBS earbuds below and buy them if you like them.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ks-temperament-小黑铃-bell-lbbs.25331/reviews
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001464323686.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back