EQ Help needed
Aug 29, 2001 at 12:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Matt

Are there any women on this board?
Howdy.

I was listening to a pop song today through my RA-1/RS-1 setup and then I turned the RA-1 down and turned up the volume pot on the boombox (they're RCA'd out of a quality boombox) and I loved the tight, slamming bass coming out of the 'box. The Grado's sound weak in comparison and I want them to SLAm more.

I've been RCA'ing the signal out directly to the amp (no eq stage, no nothing, just the CD analog signal), trying to get as short a signal path as possible. I mean, if it compromises clarity to any sort of marked degree, down with it, but is there any way of EQing a signal being fed into a headphone amp from a plain ol' line out source in a "SSP"-kinda way? I'd LOVE to have more slamming bass, just so long as it doesn't compromise clarity.

Is this too much to ask? Tight, impactful bass while retaining all regular clarity?

Thanks for any help.

- Matt

Aug 29, 2001 at 12:40 AM Post #2 of 2
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but why not try a 10 band equalizer and boost it at about 40 hz? You can put it between the boombox RCA outs and the RA-1s RCA ins. At that frequency, you should hear very little effect on the rest of the frequency range. Just a thought.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back