Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
May 7, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #2,251 of 2,260
May 7, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #2,252 of 2,260
I've read this in the last hour of frantic research after I realised the pic I saw of the Quedelix wasn't a big hole 4.4 small hole 3.5 but big hole 3.5 , small hole 2.5!.. there are the multi adaptor end cables tho.. but if I get a dedicated end cable I'll.probably just go 3.5mm... Bit pissed off because of the supplied Sennheiser 4.4 cable that will just lie there still again for another few years.. jeez Quedlix.. 2.5
. Really!?
Maybe a fiio BTR7? I'm using a hiby r3 gen 2 myself.

May 8, 2024 at 3:57 AM Post #2,253 of 2,260
Maybe a fiio BTR7? I'm using a hiby r3 gen 2 myself.
I'll let it come, I know a guy who doesn't shop online who is dabbling, he has a pair Thieaudio, be a really awesome birthday present perhaps after I play with it and keep it anyway,,amd I'll just get 3.5mm when I upgrade and not notice, and I'll re route the placebo chemicals that I was right all along! Which begins with this reply! (Feel free to reinforce or detract if you want, it'll all work!)

Wow your Hiby has a little display screen how cool!... In fact this the first one I've seen like this after 1 year of looking at a hundred of these things.. Only now AFTER I've ordered,, ha..

Last edited:
May 8, 2024 at 5:43 AM Post #2,254 of 2,260
I'll let it come, I know a guy who doesn't shop online who is dabbling, he has a pair Thieaudio, be a really awesome birthday present perhaps after I play with it and keep it anyway,,amd I'll just get 3.5mm when I upgrade and not notice, and I'll re route the placebo chemicals that I was right all along! Which begins with this reply! (Feel free to reinforce or detract if you want, it'll all work!)

Wow your Hiby has a little display screen how cool!... In fact this the first one I've seen like this after 1 year of looking at a hundred of these things.. Only now AFTER I've ordered,, ha..

You will be just fine with the 3.5mm cable, the only difference will be a little higher setting on the volume.

I have several DAC/amps and a dongle with 4.4mm balanced and 3.5mm outputs and there is no discernible difference otger than the volume settings.

Technically there will be better specs for the balanced jack but the real world performance will be the same.

May 8, 2024 at 6:06 AM Post #2,255 of 2,260
You will be just fine with the 3.5mm cable, the only difference will be a little higher setting on the volume.

I have several DAC/amps and a dongle with 4.4mm balanced and 3.5mm outputs and there is no discernible difference otger than the volume settings.

Technically there will be better specs for the balanced jack but the real world performance will be the same.
Cool. plain facts in the wild will do thanks.

May 8, 2024 at 5:49 PM Post #2,256 of 2,260

It's always the way! You buy something and you find something else you want!

May 9, 2024 at 12:44 AM Post #2,257 of 2,260

I agree.

I was using the gu craftsman with 4.4mmm and tanchjim space but switched to a 3.5mm and fiio ka11 because I think the amp within the dongle makes more of a difference than 4.4 vs 3.5 (albeit still relatively small).

I prefer the ka11 because it presents a feeling of a bit more body in the mids.

May 9, 2024 at 9:53 PM Post #2,258 of 2,260
Looking to upgrade from my original Dunu Zen. Would most of you agree the IE600 is a noticeable step up? Also considering the Sony IER-M9. Not ruling out the Zen Pro. If there are others I should consider in the $1,000 price range please chime in. I'm using a Romi BX2 plus class A amp by the way if that's relevant. Thanks

May 9, 2024 at 10:29 PM Post #2,259 of 2,260
@ericpalonen the volume level of my left earbud seems to be reducing slightly, I’ve started to notice the stereo image moving slightly to the right. I’ve tried various cables as well as connecting the left side to the right and double checked what I’m hearing using various earbuds etc

It’s definitely the left earbud that’s doing this, I only purchased these in November or december of last year from Richer Sounds. Should I contact Richer Sounds or would I be better sending them to Sennheiser to be checked out?

May 10, 2024 at 3:53 AM Post #2,260 of 2,260
Contact Richer, they're very good with things like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back