Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
May 1, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #4,846 of 4,851
I dial the guy, he answers, and I say, "Is this Richard Head?" He replies, "Yes it is. Please call me dick." I start laughing so hard I nearly pee my pants. Having the others around made it much worse. 15 minutes later I call Dick back from a more private phone. "I don't know what happened ... our switchboard must've cut me off!"
:ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: I would, too, burst into laughter. Amazing!!

I had a friend and a colleague from University. And his mum was called "Cica"...hmm, it's hard to translate...but like a "boob" :)
The same thing, I asked him...how should I call your mum, he said "boob", everyone was calling her like that...no way, I just couldn't.
I would probably have every time in front of my eyes a giant boob from Woody Allen's Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex * But Were Afraid to Ask :)))

May 1, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #4,847 of 4,851
I'll be very interested in this. I've been intrigued with this amp ever since I happened to stumble upon it on the internet. And have always been intrigued with the brand. The 433 price point is very attractive, has the MK pedigree, trickle-down technology and fully balanced. The only thing that gave me a bit of pause was in the description it mentioned being made primarily with dynamics HPs in mind, and max power output is 1.2w. But your earlier comments sound promising for planars.

There is a small thread on this amp elsewhere here, but not a lot of info or comments. Hopefully more can be said and reported on this amp. Especially if it sounds good with D8000 and other planars.
I've tried the Caldera Closed, D8KPLE, Meze Elite, HFM HEK1000SE, HEK1000v2 (original) and Arya Organic with it. They all sound great from it.

May 4, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #4,848 of 4,851
Has been 1 week with D8KPro LE, during that time a Holo May also joined the fold.

All I want to say is that I have found that additional 15-20% from these additions.
Previous combo was He1000Se + Pontus II, so no slouch.

D8KPro LE is worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back