Fraud: Sennheiser HD 800/IE 80, Bose Quiet Comfort 15 (Limited)
Apr 23, 2013 at 4:51 AM Post #17 of 53
His probably the same fool that tried scamming me off my PS3 sale on ebay. Twice!

Another thing I don't understand is why didn't the OP here get further information from a trade seller with 0 feedback. It is fairly common sense for people to rip pictures off the net or forums and post it as there own, which is why you always ask for a 0 trade rating seller who is selling something of interest to you, to take a picture with there username or name on a piece of paper next to the item.

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #18 of 53
@DefQon: I admit it was 100% my mistake. My wallet got ahead of my common sense when I saw how much the guy was selling the HD 800s at.What you are talking about is called "tagging" pictures, which I always do with my own items so it's nothing new to me. Even if I had gotten tagged pictures, the sale could have gone bad (who can say the seller does not have a pair of HD 800s lying around when he is committing fraud?).

Here's a listing for a pair of shoes I sold recently (with "tagged" pics of course) if you care to look, DefQon
http://www.ebay.com/itm/310656181569?ssPageName=STRK:MEUSX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649

---------------
As of this moment, I am waiting to hear back from 3X0 before taking any further action. I will give PP/eBay and Sennheiser Corporate a call as well as contact the web hosting company. Even though it's a long shot, I will be providing PP/eBay the information in my post, the checkdomain website (seeteeyou) and the contact information 3X0 provided me with.

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #19 of 53
I opened a dispute Monday night which was escalated to a claim on Tuesday morning. Pretty clear where this is going.

Unfortunately I'm a sucker for TGTBT deals on eBay, but I always go through the standard PayPal process using a credit card on top for as much protection as possible. At present the only pain point I have is a $525 charge on my card for a couple of days.

See what he just got feedback for:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221207112301

I remember PayPal usually doesn't let you transfer funds to your bank account until the tracking number indicates delivery or you earn a positive feedback for the transaction, at least for newer sellers or sellers with a shaky track record. If you can use the pending balance towards eBay transactions it's possible he's trying to literally cash in early on the stolen funds.

Apr 24, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #20 of 53
@3X0: Not sure if I'm missing something because that link is for $100 in two-dollar bills. How is it related to the seller? Or were you just giving an example of how the seller could cash out?

Checked the feedback of the seller you bought from (ach447out) and he just got a neg from a buyer for the HD 800s (guess that's you?)

Guess I will be talking to all of the aforementioned companies I listed... At the moment I can't really talk well because I just got my 4 wisdoom teeth taken out yesterday afternoon so as soon as I can sound coherent over the phone...
smile.gif

Apr 24, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #21 of 53
Quote:
@3X0: Not sure if I'm missing something because that link is for $100 in two-dollar bills. How is it related to the seller? Or were you just giving an example of how the seller could cash out?

Check out the buying tab of his feedback: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=ach447out&ftab=FeedbackAsBuyer

Apr 24, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #22 of 53
Thanks for the clarification. Did not catch that. Dumb mistake... was on the selling part of feedbacks and when I looked up to the DSRs in 12 months I only saw 2 fbs so only expected 2.

Apr 26, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #23 of 53
Called PP: They didn't mind much. Said their fraud department will take care of it. Told them I thought that was laughable considering their system couldn't even verify if the information the seller provided was correct (fake name and disconnected phone numbers?)

Called "Just Host": Rep advised me to ask manufacturer to forward DMCA/infringement report as well as email abuse@justhost.com

Called Sennheiser: Reported website bordercityaudio (HD 800s) - spoke to a Mr. Scott Houston (extension 182) and asked him to forward a DMCA notice/infringement report to legal@justhost.com

Sent email to abuse@justhost.com reporting bordercityaudio.com and ontariowarehouse.com as well as linking this thread for additional information.

Apr 26, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #24 of 53
PP is just as useless a limbless person when it comes to disputes and rectifying scam/fraud situations. But even so they should side with you on this one. But sometimes when something is too good too be true, you know there is a fishy side to it.

Apr 26, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #25 of 53
I was surprised that PP just thought the thing was over like that. I said I was calling to help them connect the dots and nab the guy because he was obviously taking advantage of their system and policy, but the reps all didn't seem to care. Perhaps it is the mentality that if its not my money, its not my problem?

May 1, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #26 of 53
Can anyone reading this report the following listing as fraudulent?:

www.ebay.com/itm/Sennheiser-HD800-MINT-CONDITION-/151037826122

For obvious reasons.

Anyway, I won my dispute on Thursday and received a full refund for obvious reasons.

May 1, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #27 of 53
Reported listing as fraudulent via eBay via the website
I am currently talking with an eBay customer rep over the phone... right after I let her know about the listing linked below, someone went for the BIN...
eBay rep additionally reported the listing hopefully eBay cares more than PP

May 1, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #28 of 53
Quote:
Reported listing as fraudulent via eBay online
Am currently talking with an eBay customer rep over the phone... right after I let her know about the listing linked below, someone went for the BIN...
Am going to report the listing - eBay seems to care more than PP about this guy.

Thanks. I was tempted to BIN and not pay myself (to prevent others from falling into his schemes) but then he might learn to force his future listings to be immediate-payment and/or file unpaid item strikes against my account.

May 1, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #29 of 53
No problem. Thanks for giving me a heads-up so I could report the listing. Really want to see this guy get caught.

Not sure if he can make his future BINs immediate-payment. I think you need a PayPal seller account for that... right? Maybe he could end up getting one with fake info, but idk..

May 1, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #30 of 53
I talked to Mr. Scott Houston over the phone in regards to shutting down bordercityaudio.com and he said he let his superiors know, and that Sennheiser's lawyer's will be on the case soon. He said that Bose and another manufacturer (couldn't catch the name) whose products are sold on BCA are very tough against fraudulent resellers so BCA will be receiving 3 legal letters. Doesn't look too good for the website :) - Scott said the process could take a few weeks if it's an easy case, and offered to send me some "swag" to thank me. Not sure what it will be, but I will make sure to post pics for you guys!

Scott mentioned that it took him over half a dozen tries to get connected to someone at BCA, and when he did, they tried to give him false information. Hopefully the seller will get in trouble :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back