Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 1, 2024 at 11:54 AM Post #62,371 of 62,385
The problem with these BT cables from Ali is lack of App support and do not state aptX Lite AFAICS on their page like the OP mentioned in fact Google aptX Lite and you see little about it assuming aptX Adaptive HQ vs LL Mode is not what they are not calling aptX Lite.

A newer chipset than FiiO's, and FiiO are updating the UTWS5 to UTWS15 if they can stop the charging contact rusting and the FW5 to FW15 but TBH I am sick of their poor support and abandoning products after a few FW drops and nothing of note added and bugs not fixed.
Seems like the UTWS15 has been mulled over a while and nothing concrete yet -- I was lucky that i got the v2 of the UTWS5 with the revised charge points --- they've been great this past few weeks since i rediscovered i had a set i'd totally forgotten about

So i would like to see an updated version cos their app is a great bonus to tweaking the sound

May 1, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #62,372 of 62,385
My Senny MTW3's got delivered to Senn yesterday -- so just have to wait and see how long before i hear back about a repair/replacement.
My issue was the the left bud would never seemingly shut off 100% --- just sat in the case draining both its own and the case charge --- would depleat it almost 100% over a couple days --- factory reset them a couple times but didn't help

May 1, 2024 at 1:00 PM Post #62,373 of 62,385
Good morning! After quite a lot of enjoyment over the past few weeks I would like to extend an offer to anyone interested before opening it to the interwebs:

For anyone looking to try the Aviot TE-ZX1 (Cowboy Bebop Red) I am going to be selling these. They are currently my overall favorite and best sounding TWS to date, but like most of us here, I like to try new things and if I bought anything without selling something my wife would be quite upset. The other side is I want someone else to experience these as they are truly wonderful!

I have cleaned them thoroughly and it will come in the original box with everything included. I used the large silicone tips as they provided the best seal. I will also be factory resetting them.

I paid a total of $216.80 roughly so all I’m asking is $200 plus shipping. This is my first posting for sale and have very little experience selling on here so any tips on a safe approach would be greatly appreciated!

Feel free to message me if you are interested!

EDIT:

One person has messaged expressing interest. Will update or remove if sold!
That’s very generous of you, although I’m not in the market for this model. 👍

May 1, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #62,374 of 62,385
I just flew 9 hours and have to say the ANC of the ZX1 is amazing. Well beyond what I've experienced with the usual suspects from audio technica, sony, sennheiser... and the sound quality is perfect for what I am looking for (a warmer set with good bass emphasis and plenty of mids and treble). I'm not sure how Aviot is doing it, but I'm glad they are, and that I managed to acquire the ZX1. Now I'm trying to resist the temptation to purchase the ZX1 PNK...
"JS, I am your Father, come over to the dark side...you cannot disobey......these are the TWS you are looking for" PNK "Don't leave home without it." PNK
"Your in good hands" PNK ....ok, a little OTT

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #62,375 of 62,385
Ah, I think the issue is that the Aviot Sound me update is available for iPhone but not Android as yet. Looking forward to it when released.
It is available for Andriod. I using a HiBy M300 DAP and a Sony Xperia cell as sources for the ZX1. Sound Me works on the Sony, not on the HiBy. I believe it is a setting in the HiBy and, therefore source-dependent in this case. I've posted for help on the M300 site....no joy yet.

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #62,377 of 62,385
"JS, I am your Father, come over to the dark side...you cannot disobey......these are the TWS you are looking for" PNK "Don't leave home without it." PNK
"Your in good hands" PNK ....ok, a little OTT
Yeah... I am telling myself to hold off ordering until I get home from my trip and that the GAS fever will pass by then, but I know where this one is going to end...

May 1, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #62,379 of 62,385
Do you have a set or were you just posting them?
just sharing. the flairmesh dongle (aptx loseless) dev mentioned this cable supports aptX-lite.
they do not state aptX Lite AFAICS on their page
Yes. Was confirmed to use via Flairmesh Developer working on their dongle to test it with the codec.

MTW4 once receiving a firmware and app update should also support it afterwards, but this cable supports it now. I understand your concern over Adaptive LL (worse) vs Lite (newer and better). Was told its the latter .

I've been juggling buying IE600/900 and neckband/cable or a new TWS for some time. Possibly leaning towards neckband now since my last 3 TWS batteries died from heavy use, are now paperweight. While owning good iem can buy new "cheap" cable and just reuse iem. Jusy thinking out loud

May 1, 2024 at 5:44 PM Post #62,380 of 62,385
just sharing. the flairmesh dongle (aptx loseless) dev mentioned this cable supports aptX-lite.

Yes. Was confirmed to use via Flairmesh Developer working on their dongle to test it with the codec.

MTW4 once receiving a firmware and app update should also support it afterwards, but this cable supports it now. I understand your concern over Adaptive LL (worse) vs Lite (newer and better). Was told its the latter .

I've been juggling buying IE600/900 and neckband/cable or a new TWS for some time. Possibly leaning towards neckband now since my last 3 TWS batteries died from heavy use, are now paperweight. While owning good iem can buy new "cheap" cable and just reuse iem. Jusy thinking out loud
Same. I'm interested in the real tangible differences between a £60 qcc5181 neck cable, the utws5 and the if go pod. Very large differences in price but for wireless the codec support is as valuable as the internals

May 1, 2024 at 10:37 PM Post #62,381 of 62,385
It is available for Andriod. I using a HiBy M300 DAP and a Sony Xperia cell as sources for the ZX1. Sound Me works on the Sony, not on the HiBy. I believe it is a setting in the HiBy and, therefore source-dependent in this case. I've posted for help on the M300 site....no joy yet.
Where do you see it available for Android? On the Play store last Aviot Sound me available update is from April 21st.

May 2, 2024 at 12:32 AM Post #62,382 of 62,385
Where do you see it available for Android? On the Play store last Aviot Sound me available update is from April 21st.
I don't think he was talking about the latest release date, but that it is available on Android. It is.

But from the reviews it seems they have some bugs to work out. Looks like they are aware of it so trying to think positive they are better at apps than iFi. Actually, everyone is better at apps than iFi for the most part lol

But the app just came out in March, the last update was just 10 days ago, so it looks like they are working on it. It would be good to email them so they know there are Android users that need this to work.

May 2, 2024 at 1:08 AM Post #62,383 of 62,385
The April 21st update on the Aviot Sound Me app for Android. Released the new EQ tuning. Unless you are misunderstanding that the TWS need an update to get the new EQ tuning and voice setup
Screenshot_20240501-220455_Google_Play_Store.jpg
Screenshot_20240501-220451_Google_Play_Store.jpg
Screenshot_20240501-220631_SOUND_ME.jpg
Screenshot_20240501-220621_SOUND_ME.jpg

May 2, 2024 at 1:37 AM Post #62,384 of 62,385
I just flew 9 hours and have to say the ANC of the ZX1 is amazing. Well beyond what I've experienced with the usual suspects from technics az80, sony xm5, sennheiser mtw3... and the sound quality is perfect for what I am looking for (a warmer set with good bass emphasis and plenty of mids and treble). I'm not sure how Aviot is doing it, but I'm glad they are, and that I managed to acquire the ZX1. Now I'm trying to resist the temptation to purchase the ZX1 PNK...
I am in the exact same boat .. I keep checking e-earphone daily if any zx1PNK has shown up yet in the used section :) Interestingly, while they are both priced the same new, the buy back value e-earphone is offering differs, you can get 25K yen for the red xase cowboy bebop version, but 28K yen for the PNK .. which I guess will make the PNK more expensive when it shows up used ...

May 2, 2024 at 2:14 AM Post #62,385 of 62,385
First impressions of the AirPods Pro 2… the fit will take some getting used to… not sure how long-term comfort will be… now audiophiles wouldn’t even listen to a headphone until they play stuff through it for 1-2 days haha. Not me! They sound surprisingly good… after a hearing test with an app it customized the sound and it sounds even better… haven’t compared it yet to my KZs but I know it has a more balanced mature sound but still very capable of details in the treble which I like. Bassy enough too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back