HiBy R8 II - HiBy's New High-End DAP
May 5, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #526 of 540
Email HiBy, I'm sure they'll send you one.
This is the 1st thing I've done and they say it is impossible. That's why I was asking here if someone does not you use them and agree to sell at least one to me.

May 5, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #527 of 540
About to order the R8ii just wondering how the body holds up to scratches was thinking of silver but it’s polished so will scratch easy and wonder if the colour coating is durable

May 5, 2024 at 2:39 PM Post #528 of 540
The Prussian Blue I have seems to be very durable (not too easily scratched) but I tend to physically pamper my high cost electronics. I never carry it naked. I'm still seeking a custom leather case though for protection. Of course YMMV.

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #530 of 540
Scroll down to comparison.
Thank you @twister6 for the comparison to the Sony NW-WM1ZM2! I'm glad I searched through the thread before asking. This helps tremendously.. I'm looking for a DAP with a faster UX but sound wise has similarities the Sony Flagship. I guess this is the next purchase.

May 6, 2024 at 4:25 AM Post #534 of 540
Versus the A&K SP3000, the R8 II is less engaging and less dynamic. A&K flagships are always good when it comes to dynamism, so considering the price difference and usual A&K sound, this isn’t big news. The sound stage of the R8 II isn’t as expansive either, but as I mentioned above, its sole resolution and transparency are not behind at all. So with this price tag, HiBy deserves some praise for making a very competitive DAP indeed.

https://www.headfonia.com/hiby-r8-ii-review/3/
I always find Hiby sound house too be quite thick and slow.
If you adjust the Impulse Response to +15 to +20 you will find more similar to A&K.

May 6, 2024 at 4:46 AM Post #535 of 540
I'm not sure if you're insulting the Z1R or R8 II but I disagree both ways 😅
I am the happy owner of R8 II
Youre joking ,right? The ierz1r plays better with the sp3000 than with the r8 ii so he demands a better dap not the opposite, you are totaly wrong, is this kind of statments that turn this forum very weak
I like the Z1R, but I did not find the synergy with the R8 II successful. There is too much bass. The mids, which are already covered, are pushed further into the background.

Why does speaking my mind weaken the forum? I guess all that matters is your opinion?

May 6, 2024 at 5:04 AM Post #536 of 540
I am the happy owner of R8 II

I like the Z1R, but I did not find the synergy with the R8 II successful. There is too much bass. The mids, which are already covered, are pushed further into the background.

Why does speaking my mind weaken the forum? I guess all that matters is your opinion?
Is not me opinion that matters of course not , but i am not deaf, i eard r8ii and sp3000 side by side, the sp3000 is clearly better, and the ierz1r shows that, is not an opinion is a fact, of course that is allways someone else saying the oposite but is because of that , that exists the wrong and the right

May 6, 2024 at 5:29 AM Post #537 of 540
Is not me opinion that matters of course not , but i am not deaf, i eard r8ii and sp3000 side by side, the sp3000 is clearly better, and the ierz1r shows that, is not an opinion is a fact, of course that is allways someone else saying the oposite but is because of that , that exists the wrong and the right
What can be right for you can be wrong for someone else. Different ears, different subjective tastes, different iems etc. etc.

I don’t think to say “sp3000 is clearly better”, “is not an opinion, is a fact” bring anything valuable to the conversation. I never heard sp3000 and I’m still waiting for my R8 ii to be delivered so I don’t judge what you wrote but how you wrote it. Maybe add “with my iems or to my ears”? :wink:

P.S in past I had a lot of TOTL daps that many people described as the best and to me they were nothing special. Then I had stuff like the fiio m17 which nobody hyped here and I found it way better to me than the other TOTL daps. Just a matter of my subjective taste, my ears and sinergy with my iems/headphones :)

May 6, 2024 at 5:38 AM Post #538 of 540
What can be right for you can be wrong for someone else. Different ears, different subjective tastes, different iems etc. etc.

I don’t think to say “sp3000 is clearly better”, “is not an opinion, is a fact” bring anything valuable to the conversation. I never heard sp3000 and I’m still waiting for my R8 ii to be delivered so I don’t judge what you wrote but how you wrote it. Maybe add “with my iems or to my ears”? :wink:

P.S in past I had a lot of TOTL daps that many people described as the best and to me they were nothing special. Then I had stuff like the fiio m17 which nobody hyped here and I found it way better to me than the other TOTL daps. Just a matter of my subjective taste, my ears and sinergy with my iems/headphones :)
Saying that the m17 is better than other TOTL (dont know what "others" means) says all, i rest my case

May 6, 2024 at 5:58 AM Post #539 of 540
Saying that the m17 is better than other TOTL (dont know what "others" means) says all, i rest my case
Well, other TOTL I mean stuff like sp2000, WM1ZM2 etc. I’m not going to put the whole list here but it’s extensive.

What does it mean “it says all?”. That I like some stuff and you like different stuff? What’s wrong with that?

But you are “right” and all the people that don’t agree with you are “wrong”. I give up :)

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 6:03 AM Post #540 of 540
Well I'm deaf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back