iBasso DX170 You want your Music? It is right here. *** NEW Firmware: 1.06 Apple support and other additions! ***
May 6, 2024 at 1:45 AM Post #1,652 of 1,664
OK, have done a further restart and I now get to the sd card, but when I press it, it says failed to install
Look at the directions in the download. And make sure you are loading the firmware in the folder, not all of the folder, just the FW file.

May 6, 2024 at 12:32 PM Post #1,653 of 1,664
Good evening,

I'm going to try to help you one last time because I don't really know how to help you anymore.
Please pay attention to the file names to the nearest character.

You must download the file:
- DX170FW-ota-v1.06.zip
you must unzip it and in the "DX170FW-ota-v1.06" folder you will find 2 files (including one which explains to you what I am trying to explain to you):
- readme.txt
- DX170_full_ota_1.06.490.zip
This is the file "DX170_full_ota_1.06.490.zip" which must be placed at the first level (root) of your SD card.
This file will be recognized by the "updater" and the installation will be carried out.

If you can't do it or there is a problem, contact "Paul - ibasso" you can do it from this forum look in the header of this thread.

One last thing,
I hope that you have not filled the internal storage of the DX170 (by copying or downloading apps and music) because if the internal disk is full or if there is too little space left, it is normal that the installation will not work. can be done.

One last last thing,

If you “hot” eject your SD card. Systematically restart your DX170 so that the card is correctly recognized.

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 12:37 PM Post #1,654 of 1,664
Good evening,

I'm going to try to help you one last time because I don't really know how to help you anymore.

- DX170FW-ota-v1.06.zip
you must unzip it and in the "DX170FW-ota-v1.06" folder you will find 2 files (including one which explains to you what I am trying to explain to you):
- readme.txt
This is the file "DX170_full_ota_1.06.490.zip" which must be placed at the first level (root) of your SD card.
This file will be recognized by the "updater" and the installation will be carried out.

If you can't do it or there is a problem, contact "Paul - ibasso" you can do it from this forum look in the header of this thread.

You can update the firmware directly through the DX170 and not have to go through side loading or dealing with unzipping files

May 6, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #1,655 of 1,664
Good evening,

Sure, but when we started this discussion the online update was not yet available. If you were able to update it like this then it is better for "Jamato8" to do it this way given its difficulties in doing so with an SD card.

Personally, I prefer to do it from an SD card, it's faster to download, faster to install and much safer (no risk of loss of connection during the transfer).

May 6, 2024 at 1:43 PM Post #1,656 of 1,664
Look at the directions in the download. And make sure you are loading the firmware in the folder, not all of the folder, just the FW file.
So, I deleted the original file on the sd card and re-copied it.
Good evening,

- DX170FW-ota-v1.06.zip
- readme.txt

One last thing,
I hope that you have not filled the internal storage of the DX170 (by copying or downloading apps and music) because if the internal disk is full or if there is too little space left, it is normal that the installation will not work. can be done.

One last last thing,

If you “hot” eject your SD card. Systematically restart your DX170 so that the card is correctly recognized.
Thank you for being so persistent! Ok, so I did a couple of reboots and re-installed the software onto my sd card. It has finally given me the last steps of your guidance, and I can happily say it is all working :ksc75smile:

Once again, thank you... ...and thanks to all others that have chipped in.

May 8, 2024 at 6:17 PM Post #1,660 of 1,664
Good evening,

I'm not going to try to compare the DX170 to the Cayin N3 Ultra or the Hiby RS2, they are all three different. They are certainly in a similar price range but their characteristics are very different. And if you mention his models it is because they interest you. The only advice I can give you is to do like me. find out, including on this forum, about the DAPs that interest you, read them all, go to the manufacturers' sites, your local resellers, look at the reviews, prices, after-sales service (hardware and firmware) if you can test them. Define your use of the DAP, the headphones you will use, the type of music you like. None of the 3 DAPs “sounds” the same. So see which one suits you best.
Caution If, for example, you like music that "hits" loudly and your headphones also "mark" the bass, if you also take a DAP that "pushes" the bass a little too much, this risks creating a lot of bass and distorting the bass too much. that you listen to.

Personally I prefer headphones and DAPs which are as balanced as possible so I don't "mark" the sound too much and if I want for example more bass I can use the equalizer and control the balance of the sound.

NB: I don't know when the DX180 will be released but if I had to buy a DAP (unless your need is urgent) I would wait for it to come out because it will be superior to the DX170 and could make the comparison with other DAPs obsolete...

Last edited:
May 9, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #1,661 of 1,664
https://weibo.com/5885718240/OdvzcdsPb
SoC: Snapdragon 665
Scheduled to be released in May
Additional color will be Meteor Blue by popular vote
Standard model: RAM 3GB + internal memory 32GB / 2999 RMB
Advanced model: RAM 4GB + internal memory 128GB / 3599 RMB
006qjSbmgy1hpjg8har0hj30u01hc155.jpg

Last edited:
May 9, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #1,664 of 1,664
iBasso confirmed via Facebook:

DX180 is coming at the end of May!
Android13 OS
Qualcomm Snapdragon665 SoC
Easily accessible battery, just 2 screws.
3G+32G internal memory version MSRP: 469USD
4G+128G internal memory version MSRP: 529USD
https://www.facebook.com/iBassoAudi...PdFgaZaDEFdfM76KkKEBxLMi7NPtwoNKxG8HsHWWuhdJl

$529 for 4GB RAM + 128GB Internal memory with the Snapdragon 665 + Android 13 sounds pretty tempting. Huge leap over the current DX170. Only $30 dollars more than the R6III and you're getting newer Android, double the internal storage, replaceable battery.

Even the standard version of 3GB + SD 665 + Android 13 +replaceable battery is a huge leap over the DX170 for only $20 more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back