Is Headphones.com Legitimate?
Aug 17, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #16 of 35

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about your experiences. That doesn't sound too fun.

I actually think I void my chance to win the headphones since I submitted 2 entries.

Miceblue,

You are absolutely not voided.

Congratulations on the HD238!

Aug 17, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #18 of 35

Quote:
Miceblue,

You are absolutely not voided.

Congratulations on the HD238!

Yes, I would like to confirm that I was not voided. I just received my headphones today and they sound pretty good so far! I am going to let them burn-in for a few hours before writing a review. Here is my silent unboxing and brief test of the headphones. Note that this is the first unboxing video I have made and I am just using a simple digital camera to record it, so it isn't the best video in the world, but I tried.

Although it took half a month to get here (my order apparently did not get through the system), their phone service was helpful to get through the troubles. I would like to mention, however, that despite sending two e-mail to sales@headphones.com regarding the headphones I won, I did not receive any e-mails back.

Aug 22, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #19 of 35

Quote:
I have been talking to David, the past few days and it seems there was an IT problem on their end which made their emails not get through to customers.
After some chatting and testing on their end problem was resolved. David showed me proof that they had originally replied to my emails and was a very nice person to deal with. I would now fully recommend them to anyone as they have an outstanding staff that will help out with any trouble.

My products have arrived in perfect shape.

PXSS,

I'm glad we were able to find out what was wrong! Thank you very much:)

Jan 25, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #20 of 35
I'll put in a plug here for headphones.com since they don't seem to be mentioned around here all that often.

I recently decided to purchase the Shure 940s and they were nearly $75 cheaper via headphones.com ($225 v. $299).  This is including the 10% discount they offer to head-fi readers, which was very much appreciated.

The shipping was a bit of a fiasco since they use USPS.  It sat in the USPS facility in New Jersey for three days before they did anything with it and the whole process took a little over a week.  I was a little disappointed with this, but they do ship everything free, so I guess it's hard to be too upset  by it.  Regardless, David was very helpful throughout the process and was very easy to contact both through his headphones.com e-mail and PMs here on the site.  He always kept me informed on where the headphones were in the shipping process and was friendly and professional throughout.  

The headphones arrived in perfect shape, and I couldn't be happier.  I'd most certainly recommend them to others looking to make their next purchase.

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #21 of 35

Quote:
I'll put in a plug here for headphones.com since they don't seem to be mentioned around here all that often.

I recently decided to purchase the Shure 940s and they were nearly $75 cheaper via headphones.com ($225 v. $299).  This is including the 10% discount they offer to head-fi readers, which was very much appreciated.

The shipping was a bit of a fiasco since they use USPS.  It sat in the USPS facility in New Jersey for three days before they did anything with it and the whole process took a little over a week.  I was a little disappointed with this, but they do ship everything free, so I guess it's hard to be too upset  by it.  Regardless, David was very helpful throughout the process and was very easy to contact both through his headphones.com e-mail and PMs here on the site.  He always kept me informed on where the headphones were in the shipping process and was friendly and professional throughout.  

The headphones arrived in perfect shape, and I couldn't be happier.  I'd most certainly recommend them to others looking to make their next purchase.

Thanks for the kind words! I apologize on behalf of the post office.  Our Free Ground Shipping is split between UPS and Postal depending on the item.  We are currently in the process of re-evaluating using the post office at all, as we have noticed a distinct change in their speed in the past 3 months.   The thing is that in many circumstances, using the post office allows us to offer such good prices.

Again, Thanks for the recommendation:)

Dec 22, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #26 of 35
Jan 18, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #27 of 35
I just wanted to post an update in this thread. I have done multiple transactions with Headphones.com and they are indeed a legitimate business! Their customer service is helpful and responsive, and they often have sales (10-15% off) throughout the year. I would highly recommend Headphones.com to someone looking to purchase legitimate audio gear from the manufacturer (no fakes or knock-offs) and I will definitely be doing business with them in the future.

Gear I have purchased from Headphones.com:
1. Sennheiser HD 238 [now discontinued]
  1. Sennheiser's official webpage
  2. Won through the giveaway on 2011/07/29, used to retail for ~$99 USD
  3. My Head-Fi review
  4. My silent unboxing/written review video on YouTube

2. Shure SRH940
  1. Shure's official webpage
  2. Headphones.com's official webpage
  3. Purchased for $254 USD with a 15%-off discount on 2011/09/01
  4. My Head-Fi review
  5. My silent unboxing/written review video on YouTube

3. AKG K 701
  1. AKG Europe's official webpage (AKG USA's webpage is no longer available for some reason but they still sell the headphones)
  3. Purchased for $297 USD with a 15%-off discount on 2012/11/27
  4. My Head-Fi review is not available yet (I'm still letting them burn-in)
  5. My unboxing video on YouTube

4. Shure SE215-CL
  1. Shure's official webpage
  3. Purchased for $85 USD with a 15%-off discount on 2012/12/03
  4. I will not be doing a review for this product since it was purchased as a gift

I also want to give a huge thank you and shout-out to [b]DavidMahler[/b] here on Head-Fi. If you have any questions about Headphones.com, or your orders/transactions, I would recommend sending him a PM about your inquiries as you will get a quicker response from him directly than through the Headphones.com support team.

Headphones.com official website: http://www.headphones.com/

Cheers!
-Miceblue

*this was also posted on the first post for any newcomers to the thread*

Apr 8, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #30 of 35
Hey Dave

I purchased a headphone set ($100) from head-boom.com back in October of 2015. The set had a problem, I contacted the company and they said to send it back,it was under warranty. They sent me several email saying the headset was on its way.today,almost 6 mos later I'm still waiting,and since the last email I they sent, 3/16/2016 they won't even
Return me emails. Phone calls are impossible no one ever answers just get a message, it was suggested that you might be able to help, if so thanks for any assistance in my
Problem. Jonathan Antosiak

Users who are viewing this thread

Back