Isabellina HPA - Owner's Thread and Impressions
Jun 7, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #526 of 532
Problem solved : unit reverted to normal after a complete cycle of 24 jours "clicking". 

And Vinnie Rossi has been fast and responsive, with the answer :

"[…]

It sounds like it was dropped in shipping and one of the relays on the SMART board is in the incorrect state.  These are "latching" relays and being subjected to dropping can cause them to change state.

Luckily - there is a way to handle this.  If your customer uses a hammer and taps the right side of the enclosure (using sufficient force), that should get the relay to go back to the correct position, and then the unit should turn on.  He should do this when he hears the "clicking sounds" when he tries to turn it on.

I also recommend he uses something like a piece of wood between the hammer and enclosure so he does not scratch the enclosure.  But he needs to tap it fairly hard to reset the relay.

[…]

All the best,

Vinnie

Vinnie Rossi
Red Wine Audio"

In fact, no tapping required : it just did some reset of its own and works flawlessly now. 

I have to laugh at a manufacturer actually telling the customer to hit the product with a hammer. But hey, Vinnie knows what he's talking about.

Jun 7, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #527 of 532
Quote:

I have to laugh at a manufacturer actually telling the customer to hit the product with a hammer. But hey, Vinnie knows what he's talking about.

You're in for a surprise : an old friend of my father's has been an Airbus pilot with Air France for 30 years (he's been captain on various aircrafts, from B767 to A320). Some days, the whole system was playing funny : when taxiing on a B767, he actually had several times an alarm signaling the nose wheel was turning left each time a passenger opened a toilet door
ksc75smile.gif
 Of course, it was a bug, the wheel stayed straight, and the toilet door had no power to make it turn left. But the wiring got mad and the alarms went off.
The only way to reboot onboard computer systems was sometimes to hard switch the whole gizmo off, wait a dozen minutes
and fire it up again. No soft reset would do. 
deadhorse.gif

Nov 21, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #528 of 532
Sitting here for the last hour listening to my Balanced Isabellina HPA (Audeze Edition) with the new LCD-X's. 

Thoroughly enjoyable and sonically satisfying.

That is all.

Mar 15, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #529 of 532
Got a question about the Isabellina. Had a hard time time locating the answer, so I shall ask anyways:

Does it have software drivers to go with it, or does it work straight out of the box, hooked up to the PC? Also, does it support ASIO/WASAPI?

Sep 2, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #530 of 532
Anyone have a unit laying around that they want to get rid of? I would love to get a hold of a unit in good working order, balanced preferred.

Sep 2, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #531 of 532
I have one upgraded to the LFP-V edition last year, balanced and in virtually new condition. I'm in the UK so any offer you make would have to include you paying the shipping & insurance to the states. 

Jan 25, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #532 of 532
Got a question in regards to the lovely Isabellina.

I tried locating the answer in the previous pages to no avail, so I shall ask anyways:  

Does it have software drivers to go with it, or does it work straight out of the box, hooked up to the PC? This might have been mentioned and I could have missed it, in which case I apologize if that's already been answered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back