KZ Official Thread
Jan 24, 2024 at 4:36 AM Post #17 of 30
Why do you often insist that—in a comparative graph showing two IEM measurements—that the IEM that is louder is better?

Why do you often insist that—in a comparative graph showing two IEM measurements—that the IEM that is louder is better?

Screen Shot 2024-01-23 at 7.19.35 PM.png
Do you understand the standard of "Hi-Res" from Sony? The important way to test the driver good or not is about the sensitivity. If the driver is bad, the overall sounds performance is terribly muddy & fuzzy if you put the volume up. That's what high-definition earphone is different to the standard wired earphone. But many of a manufacturer cover the bad quality driver through low sensitivity.

Jan 24, 2024 at 5:16 AM Post #18 of 30
Do you understand the standard of "Hi-Res" from Sony? The important way to test the driver good or not is about the sensitivity. If the driver is bad, the overall sounds performance is terribly muddy & fuzzy if you put the volume up. That's what high-definition earphone is different to the standard wired earphone. But many of a manufacturer cover the bad quality driver through low sensitivity.
So u are saying anything that is "hi-res" is good? Lmao. Hi res means nuts if it's not performing

Also FR don't tell u everything.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2024 at 6:48 AM Post #19 of 30
Let’s experience the festive 'Chinese New Year' through lucky Red Envelopes with different prizes!:raised_hands:
👉
https://www.kztws.com/products/cca-legendary-3dd-iem
421569769_878626330729481_3823306314155647056_n.jpg
421467116_878626347396146_6839089146090825928_n.jpg

Jan 24, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #20 of 30
This is—not mincing words—absolute nonsense.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jan 24, 2024 at 4:30 PM Post #21 of 30

The classification of “Hi-Res” according to JEITA (Japanese Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association) for transducers is strictly the capability of a transducer to reproduce >40kHz: https://www.jas-audio.or.jp/english/hi-res-logo-en

It doesn’t specify at what amplitude or actual quality, just that it is able to reproduce 40kHz at all. By this metric, most transducers probably qualify as “Hi-Res.”

Jan 24, 2024 at 4:40 PM Post #22 of 30
The classification of “Hi-Res” according to JEITA (Japanese Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association) for transducers is strictly the capability of a transducer to reproduce >40kHz: https://www.jas-audio.or.jp/english/hi-res-logo-en

It doesn’t specify at what amplitude or actual quality, just that it is able to reproduce 40kHz at all. By this metric, most transducers probably qualify as “Hi-Res.”

>40kHz will surely be enough to get the Japanese bats dancing

Jan 27, 2024 at 2:00 AM Post #24 of 30
I don’t own one personally. But their “cheap” IEMs have 10s of thousands of positive reviews on Amazon. It can’t all be fake or shady.

Problem with Head-Fi is people think good sound is when you have a $4k IEM and a $2k cable. There are a lot of people out there (including my friends and colleagues) who have no idea the Head-Fi world exists and are super happy with brands like KZ. So yea I would appreciate their efforts rather than bash them.
You know people can fake reviews on Amazon...there are tv reports here and online about that. They have whole companies that will gin up 1000s of reviews from thin air, just like people can get fake subscribers for YouTube channels. So dont use that as your metric, because people get fooled by fake reviews ALOT. Now, I have bought many pairs of KZ IEMs before their scandal hit years ago, so I know they can do good stuff when theyre above board. So I agree with you on that part

Mar 18, 2024 at 3:54 AM Post #28 of 30

Users who are viewing this thread

Back