Luxury & Precision (LP) W4, Successor to Their Popular W1/W2 USB Dongle is Here!
May 10, 2024 at 7:34 AM Post #1,426 of 1,431
Having owned both W4 and DC-Elite, I too find that neither one really beats the other. Sure there is some difference in their sound signature, but it is more of an issue of presentation style rather than any technical superiority. There are certain aspects that DC-Elite are better at, and the same applies to W4.
Looking forward to try the DC Elite at CanJam London but so far I am very happy with the W4 especially after the latest firmware update.

May 10, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #1,427 of 1,431
Has anyone tried using the W4 with the Luxury&Precision WY1 cable? When I connect it to the powerbank the W4 restarts continuously, while if I connect it to the same powerbank via the Aceele hub this does not happen. Do you have any idea what it could be? Thank you.

bella.jpg

May 11, 2024 at 2:11 AM Post #1,428 of 1,431
Has anyone tried using the W4 with the Luxury&Precision WY1 cable? When I connect it to the powerbank the W4 restarts continuously, while if I connect it to the same powerbank via the Aceele hub this does not happen. Do you have any idea what it could be? Thank you.

bella.jpg
Does the battery stay on when W4 is restarting? I would assume it doesn't detect the power draw and it restarts. Your battery has two ports, right? try to connect the USB hub or other small consumer to the other port, see if it makes a difference.
I get this with the original cable and a Samsung tablet. Still couldn`t find the cause, the cable works fine with other devices, the tablet works fine with another cable, its`s just the combo that doesn`t.
You could also investigate if it happens with other devices as well.
I haven`t got the WY1 cable yet. I have in the basket on AE, but not sure if I need it.

May 11, 2024 at 3:05 AM Post #1,429 of 1,431
Some power banks have 'smart' port that can detect what is being connected and tried to enable fast charging (namely Power Delivery or Qualcomm QC), which can interfere with USB dongles.

May 11, 2024 at 3:27 AM Post #1,430 of 1,431
The strange thing is that the same powerbank, when connected with the Aceele hub works perfectly with all the dongles I own... the problems arise when I connect it with Y cables (L&P WY1/CB19). However, this only happens with three dongles of all the ones I have (RU7/M15/W4) while it works well with all the others, including RU6/M12/W1. As a powerbank I use an INIU which should detect small devices on all ports and activate the right charge level. With the Y cable connected, it's as if it doesn't recognize the load of the W4 and turns off and on again causing the W4 to turn off and on, while with the RU7 it works until I start a song... at that after a few seconds it restarts. Really strange...

May 12, 2024 at 2:21 PM Post #1,431 of 1,431
Does anyone know where I can buy a couple of stock (blue) W4 leather cases? Getting a couple more W4s and MusicTeck is out of stock for the cases. Looked online and can't seem to find anyone else selling them, just the off-brand ones. :/

Thanks 🙏

Users who are viewing this thread

Back