Meze Audio introduces LIRIC 2nd Generation - The Art of Evolution
Apr 11, 2024 at 5:34 PM Post #16 of 19
How is that burn-in going? Do you like the sound you’re hearing?
It would be wrong of me to give early impressions because I had been warned that they do need a good 50 hour run but couldn't sleep last night and was up at 4am for a couple of hours listening and it was already evident that these are going to be good and something special.

They have just opened up (tight, clean and fast already) and compared to my Elites (which I love), these somehow seem like they are going to be more fun.

I'll be using them non stop for the next 2 weeks daily and then I'll be put them directly up against my Stellia for a head to head shoot out. One thing is 100% for sure, the Liric already take the win on comfort. Whist initially not as light as the Elite or Empyrean dual band when you first put them on, you soon forget about them and a straight 2 hour early morning session (thanks closed backs!) was no issue what so ever.

Apr 12, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #17 of 19
Liric 2.jpg

I love them, a very powerful and quality sound… I was afraid that their low frequencies would be stronger and muddle the sound, but not at all, perfectly balanced. The mids and vocals are very realistic and pleasant to listen to. The high frequencies have a bit of artificiality (especially the metallic instruments) but only slightly and it’s not annoying or very sharp, reminds me of the HifiMan Highs, not bad at all but present. Meze has created a very good product, sonically, aesthetically beautiful and comfortable. Bravo.

P.S: I am very sensitive to high frequencies and I listen without problems up to 17KHz and what Resolve or DMS have said is simply a lie. They are not sharp at all. They may not be the most natural cymbals and hi-hats on the market but they are not bad at all. Also, unlike DMS said, I use glasses and I do not lose the seal.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2024 at 11:22 AM Post #18 of 19
Liric 2.jpg
I love them, a very powerful and quality sound… I was afraid that their low frequencies would be stronger and muddle the sound, but not at all, perfectly balanced. The mids and vocals are very realistic and pleasant to listen to. The high frequencies have a bit of artificiality (especially the metallic instruments) but only slightly and it’s not annoying or very sharp, reminds me of the HifiMan Highs, not bad at all but present. Meze has created a very good product, sonically, aesthetically beautiful and comfortable. Bravo.

P.S: I am very sensitive to high frequencies and I listen without problems up to 17KHz and what Resolve or DMS have said is simply a lie. They are not sharp at all. They may not be the most natural cymbals and hi-hats on the market but they are not bad at all. Also, unlike DMS said, I use glasses and I do not lose the seal.

I’d agree with you there. No harshness whatsoever to my ears. I also wear glasses and they fit perfectly even though their pads are smaller than some of my others.

Just down my 50 hours - Absolutely cracking set of headphones and Meze are on to a sure fire winner

Apr 12, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #19 of 19
I don’t know why, but these Liric 2 are the ones I can listen to at a more moderate volume and still enjoy and feel the music. With other headphones, I tend to crank up the volume to get a more rounded sound (75-80db), but with the Lyric 2, the music sounds fuller and more vivid even at moderate volumes. I really like that, and I think it’s worth mentioning.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back