NEW HiBy R4
May 5, 2024 at 12:20 AM Post #331 of 336
Comfortable in a pants pocket while walking, or strictly for table tops?
The 1st generation R5 is fantastic in this case; sometimes I almost forget it's in my pocket 😉 But small DAPs are not the trend anymore...

May 5, 2024 at 1:20 AM Post #332 of 336
The 1st generation R5 is fantastic in this case; sometimes I almost forget it's in my pocket 😉 But small DAPs are not the trend anymore...
Blargh. It's the reason I always go with the smallest phone size I can get. Most phones are too big for pockets.

May 5, 2024 at 3:31 AM Post #333 of 336
If you mean more soundstage width, it could be with the Sound Field plugin which would counteract any unintentional crossfeed (esp. on the SE output) and replace it with *negative crossfeed* at high settings (L becomes more correlated with the *opposite* of R and vice versa)

If you mean more soundstage depth and / or more dynamics, that could be with the DRX10K or convolution plugin e.g.:
Thank you, that is good to know. Maybe it is a bit unfair to ask about this before I even receive the unit but I will keep it in mind and give it a proper try in standard configuration <3

May 5, 2024 at 6:31 PM Post #335 of 336
Hi, just an update on this front, we did in fact hear from Roon this year, they were saying they would complete their side of work this summer. Thank you Roon and sorry for any misunderstanding.

Whoop….whoop :relaxed: :gs1000smile::relaxed:

I sent a “pretty please” email to them last week regarding Roon implementation into Hiby players so hopefully they’ll reply to myself with a similar positive response, if not I’ll remind them on roon chat that the Hiby dap users are patiently drumming our fingers.

May 5, 2024 at 8:35 PM Post #336 of 336
Very interested in this, but was wondering if anyone knows if this:

- Can be used as a transport to feed a dongle Dac (really love the sound of the FC6 and Mojo 2!)

- Is compatible with Chromecast?

I would assume both due to Android but you never know...

Thanks for any insight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back