New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
May 1, 2024 at 5:05 AM Post #4,126 of 4,129
Seems like the A306 would compliment the Wm1z a bit more than the ZX300. As someone who has the ZX300 and a Wm1z, I don't reach for the ZX300 much.
I got the A306 mainly for work, using the Bluetooth for convenience. I started using it at home with wired iems but found the 3.5mm output a bit lacking coming from having used balanced Walkman outputs for several years. Perhaps it still needs some burn in, but I found it a bit brighter than previous Walkmans I've owned. I seem to be the only one that has this opinion. This is my first Android based dap, I find the whole experience often adds extra steps compared to the Sony OS, especially when I'm in a hurry at work.
I saw the ZX300 for a bargain so thought I'd see how I liked owning one again. I'm not saying it is superior to the A306, I just enjoy the straight up OS, it sits nicely in my hand, and as all my iems are 4.4mm it provides a bit more power and with the solidity of the thicker connector.
I love my WM1Z and intend to keep this for many years to come. Because of the weight and value (risk of dropping) I will sometimes deny myself a quick listen when doing things around the house, that's where the ZX300 is clocking up some hours.
I may switch to the A306 at a later point and find my opinion has changed.

May 2, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #4,127 of 4,129
Hey guys. Just picked up one of the A307 and so far so good. Id been wanting to get a new dap since I got rid of my old cayin. Plus I travel more for work nowadays so this seemed like a good fit.

Popped in a 256gb I had spare, copied over my flacs and disabled some google garbage. still need more listening time on it but for the hell of it I tried my dt1990 and they sound decent on this. I plan to get a 4-pin 3.5mm mmcx cable to use with one of my iem. That'll be my flight package

May 5, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #4,128 of 4,129
I've had ZX300, ZX507, WM1AM2, WM1ZM2 and now just my A307 and its longest I've kept a DAP. Not missing balanced at all though I am using with balanced cables via the 3.5mm to 4.4mm seperate earths adapter cable (mostly as I prefer the cables and use with another 4.4mm source too).

I do have the Japanese uncapped version so no volume issues with my IEM's, even when I had some Sony Z1R & M9.

May 5, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #4,129 of 4,129
I do just use with my own flac (few MQA/DSD) files or Tidal Offline tracks and battery life is great with WiFi off.

Just use Sony Music app and Tidal app, nothing else on it (apart from Spotify too).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back