Private Messaging Popup
Jul 30, 2001 at 10:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2
Just in case any of you weren't already using it, I would suggest that you go into your user control panel (see "user cp" button at the top of most of the screens here), and go to your "Edit Options" tab. Here you'll see an option called "Pop up a box when you receive a Private Message?" Many of you have that option checked with a "no." If you're a user of PM, I'd suggest you keep that option checked with a "yes." All it does is -- while you're on Head-Fi, tell you you've got a private message waiting if someone sends one to you. It's actually very handy, as I think a lot of you not using that option don't realize you have PM's waiting in your PM inbox.

Just a suggestion.

There are other cool options in that "Edit Options" tab. For example, if you've got a really slow connection, then you might consider checking the following options with "no."

-- Show image attachments and code in Posts?[/b] Checking this with a "no" will result in [img]-embedded images being hyperlinked, rather than inserted right in the thread).

-- [b]Show image attachments and [img] code in Posts?[/b] Choosing "no" will keep the user avatar images from loading.

-- [b]Show user's signatures in their posts?[/b] Choosing "no" will keep the user signatures from loading.

If you've got a slow connection, you can also edit the option called [b]Default Posts per Thread[/b]. This option allows you to show fewer posts per page than the system default, which I believe is currently 25 or 30. This will shorten pages for long threads.

Jul 30, 2001 at 10:39 PM Post #2 of 2
Thanx for the PM pop-up tip, jude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back