Qudelix-T71 Thread | 8V RMS, PEQ & 7.1 Surround USB DAC/Amp
May 2, 2024 at 6:08 AM Post #421 of 434
Other apps may be an obstacle to switching, but probably not Apple Pay. Check if your bank supports Google Wallet:
https://support.google.com/wallet/answer/12059326?hl=en&co=GENIE.CountryCode=MX

I appreciate the kind gesture, but I already checked it at the time (when the news about the arrival of Google Wallet in Mexico came out), and although one of the banks I have an account with is compatible, unfortunately my main bank still doesn't have support after a year and a half since the service arrived...

Interestingly, Samsung Pay was compatible before, but now it's called Members Wallet here and only has support with just one bank it has an agreement with.

May 4, 2024 at 7:30 PM Post #422 of 434
I'm sure this post will get lost among 29 pages of them, but I'm sure if I post it as its own it's going to get moved here, so I guess I don't have a choice.

I keep my Qudelix T71 connected to my Mac Studio almost all the time, because it's the way I listen to music most of the time. But today, all of the sudden, it died. Nothing special happened that was any different from right before it happened. The macOS System Report sees it as a "USB Composite Device". The sound tab in the System Settings doesn't see it at all. The Chrome Qudelix extension sees it also as a "USB Composite Device", and there's no way to access the settings, including EQ.

So I'm completely baffled by this, these devices don't just stop working for no reason, there has to be something that triggers it, but in this case I just didn't hear music anymore. And it sucks because I love this device, and I paid a fortune for it.

Has this happened to anyone?

May 5, 2024 at 3:20 AM Post #423 of 434
I'm sure this post will get lost among 29 pages of them, but I'm sure if I post it as its own it's going to get moved here, so I guess I don't have a choice.

I keep my Qudelix T71 connected to my Mac Studio almost all the time, because it's the way I listen to music most of the time. But today, all of the sudden, it died. Nothing special happened that was any different from right before it happened. The macOS System Report sees it as a "USB Composite Device". The sound tab in the System Settings doesn't see it at all. The Chrome Qudelix extension sees it also as a "USB Composite Device", and there's no way to access the settings, including EQ.

So I'm completely baffled by this, these devices don't just stop working for no reason, there has to be something that triggers it, but in this case I just didn't hear music anymore. And it sucks because I love this device, and I paid a fortune for it.

Try contacting QUDELIX support from their website or via email.
Usually takes care of warranty cases.

Unfortunately, machines sometimes break down.

Are you able to try the T71 by pairing it with another device (smartphone, PC)?

May 5, 2024 at 3:24 AM Post #424 of 434
The Qudelix Android app has finally been updated to support The T71, can confirm it works. I even updated the latest firmware using my phone.

Screenshot_20240430_091445_Google Play Store.jpgScreenshot_20240430_091422_Qudelix.jpg
I think it’ll be few months before they release the update to iOS app.

May 5, 2024 at 11:07 AM Post #427 of 434

Try this. With the T71 plugged into your Mac Studio hold the orange button (top right button) for about 10 seconds. This forces the T71 to reset and it should come back to life after that. Has happened to me twice and this resolved it both times.

May 5, 2024 at 2:58 PM Post #428 of 434
Try this. With the T71 plugged into your Mac Studio hold the orange button (top right button) for about 10 seconds. This forces the T71 to reset and it should come back to life after that. Has happened to me twice and this resolved it both times.
Thanks! I had done that before I read this, because I found a page doing a google search that was in Korean but had one thing in English, and that was to press the Orange button for ten secs to reset. I didn’t do it plugged in to the Mac though, but when I plugged it in, it came back to life.

May 6, 2024 at 8:54 AM Post #429 of 434
1714997888735.jpeg

I measured AME T71 IEM.

Not gonna do a full review on it, tho. I was able to borrow it just for a few days to make some squigglies.

Its official price is 320,000KRW (~$236).

1714998025018.jpeg

AME T71 IEM has 1 Dynamic Driver and 3 Balanced Armateur for each unit.

It uses proprietary USB-C connector to directly connect each driver to Qudelix T71.
so yes, this IEM does NOT have crossover circuit in it. Qudelix T71 does the job.

It also means that T71 IEM's cable is not detachable.
It would require Four MMCX connectors for each unit to achieve that.

1714998372507.png

1714998377626.png

As you might already know, T71 IEM behave differently depending on the content. (2.0Ch or 7.1Ch)
Following measurements were done as 2.0Ch mode.

* These measurements are available at dchpgall.squig.link
* done by IEC 60318-4.

1714998643982.png

1714998694059.png

T71 IEM has some... interesting FR characteristics.

Those peak and dips at treble range aren't as prominent as it's shown, but it is quite bassy. Probably they were trying to resemble subwoofers. idk.

1714998895551.png

Fortunately, you can control each driver's output through the qudelix chrome app.
I didn't knew that there's even a 'Mute' button for each drivers. Not sure who would want to use that.

-

As mentioned earlier, the T71 IEMs change the role of each driver when playing surround sound.

Instead of dividing the sound into four bands, the drivers switch to play the whole sound in the direction they are assigned.

Because of this design, the drivers used in the T71 IEMs are inherently full-range drivers, meaning that they have a fairly wide bandwidth from bass to treble. This is because, even a BA driver that is only responsible for the treble range in 2.0 channel, needs to be able to reproduce the whole sound of front channel - from bass to treble - when playing 7.1 channel surround sound.

As such, the T71 IEMs didn't really stand out in my normal music listening experience - they sound great enough, but there wasn't anything special about them that I'd expect from such expensive IEMs. They were just okay for me.

-

The T71's real magic comes into play when enjoying 7.1-channel content.

The somewhat bland sound of T71 IEM is changed with surround content, and you can really hear the difference when you try some 'surround test videos' with clearly distinguishable direction channels.

In 2.0 channel mode, the sound coming from each side was split between the four drivers and sounded normal, but in 7.1 channel mode, I could hear an ear-tickling clarity of sound, with a single BA reproducing the entire sound coming from the sides.

The difference is more noticeable when playing surround channel movies or games - where sound is coming from many different directions - rather than music.

1715000018802.jpeg

So, should you buy it?

I'm not quite sure.

Throughout my time with the product, the question - "So where should I find 7.1ch surround content?" - was never far from my mind.

While I still think the combination of the Qudelix T71 and AME T71 IEM is compelling, that's only true when you're enjoying good surround content. With the exception of a few games and OTT services, there are only handful of platforms that support 7.1-channel surround sound.

As a result, most of my time with the T71s were spent listening to 2.0-channel stereo sound, and that's where the T71's unique characteristic fall short.

For pure stereo audio listening, you have a much wider range of options for the same money.
And the virtual surround technology - including the one with Airpod - is rapidly improving and it gives a crazy spaciousness regardless of contents, even with the one that has only 2.0CH stereo audio.

Nevertheless, if you're a frequent movie or gamegoer, I think the experience that this product deliver can be invaluable like nothing else can.

-

Personally, I think the Qudelix T71's DSP could be utilized more aggressively to provide a more tonally diverse sound.

Many enthusiasts now share the view that there are limits to what can be achieved with purely physical tuning, and it's not uncommon to see some of the major manufacturers, including Moondrop, using DSP to refine their sound.

I'd like to see more features added to make the 2.0 stereo channels more appealing, not just for 7.1 channel content, which hasn't caught on yet.

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 9:18 AM Post #430 of 434

I measured AME T71 IEM.

Not gonna do a full review on it, tho. I was able to borrow it just for a few days to make some squigglies.

It's official price is 320,000KRW (~$236).

It uses proprietary USB-C connector to directly connect each driver to Qudelix T71.
so yes, this IEM does NOT have crossover circuit in it. Qudelix T71 does the job.

As you might already know, T71 IEM behave differently depending on the content. (2.0Ch or 7.1Ch)

* done by IEC 60318-4.

Those peak and dips at treble range aren't as prominent as it's shown, but it is quite bassy. Probably they were trying to resemble subwoofers. idk.

Fortunately, you can control each driver's output through the qudelix chrome app.
I didn't knew that there's even a 'Mute' button for each drivers. you might want to use that. maybe.

-

As mentioned earlier, the T71 IEMs change the role of each driver when playing surround sound.

Instead of dividing the sound into four bands, the drivers switch to play the whole sound in the direction they are assigned.

Because of this design, the drivers used in the T71 IEMs are inherently full-range drivers, meaning that they have a fairly wide bandwidth from bass to treble. This is because, even a BA driver that is only responsible for the treble range in 2.0 channel, needs to be able to reproduce the whole sound of front channel - from bass to treble - when playing 7.1 channel surround sound.

As such, the T71 IEMs didn't really stand out in my normal music listening experience - they sound great enough, but there wasn't anything special about them that I'd expect from such expensive IEMs. They were just okay for me.

-

The somewhat bland sound of T71 IEM is changed with surround content, and you can really hear the difference when you try some 'surround test videos' with clearly distinguishable direction channels.

In 2.0 channel mode, the sound coming from each side was split between the four drivers and sounded normal, but in 7.1 channel mode, I could hear an ear-tickling clarity of sound, with a single BA reproducing the entire sound coming from the sides.

The difference is more noticeable when playing surround channel movies or games - where sound is coming from many different directions - rather than music.

So, should you buy it?

I'm not quite sure.

Throughout my time with the product, the question - "So where should I find 7.1ch surround content?" - was never far from my mind.

While I still think the combination of the Qudelix T71 and AME T71 IEM is compelling, that's only true when you're enjoying good surround content. With the exception of a few games and OTT services, there are only handful of platforms that support 7.1-channel surround sound.

As a result, most of my time with the T71s were spent listening to 2.0-channel stereo sound, and that's where the T71's unique characteristic fall short.

For pure stereo audio listening, you have a much wider range of options for the same money.
And the virtual surround technology - including the one with Airpod - is rapidly improving and it gives a crazy spaciousness regardless of contents, even with the one that has only 2.0CH stereo audio.

Nevertheless, if you're a frequent movie or gamegoer, I think the experience that this product deliver can be invaluable like nothing else can.

-

Personally, I think the Qudelix T71's DSP could be utilized more aggressively to provide a more tonally diverse sound.

Many enthusiasts now share the view that there are limits to what can be achieved with purely physical tuning, and it's not uncommon to see some of the major manufacturers, including Moondrop, using DSP to refine their sound.

I'd like to see more features added to make the 2.0 stereo channels more appealing, not just for 7.1 channel content, which hasn't caught on yet.
Really appreciate your impressions and measurements. The FR looks like it needs some EQ, but it's fine as you can do it easily witht the T71.

I've never seen the appeal of such an IEM because the limitations that they have. Id love to see a full size can with these features, but we all know that multiple driver full size headphones are really hard to get it right.

I agree with all you said. I think that they should focus more on introducing DSP to the app to simulate surround and all that stuff.

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #431 of 434

I measured AME T71 IEM.

It's official price is 320,000KRW (~$236).

* done by IEC 60318-4.

I didn't knew that there's even a 'Mute' button for each drivers. Not sure who would want to use that.

-

-

So, should you buy it?

I'm not quite sure.

-

Sorry for the trivial question, but when you insert the USBC connector of the headphones into the appropriate USBC connector of the T71, are the IEMs automatically identified by the T71 and its EQ or do you have to perform some manual 'maneuver'?

May 6, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #432 of 434
Sorry for the trivial question, but when you insert the USBC connector of the headphones into the appropriate USBC connector of the T71, are the IEMs automatically identified by the T71 and its EQ or do you have to perform some manual 'maneuver'?
It automatically detects T71 IEM and you don't need to do any manual adjustment to listen to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back