Rega Ear
Aug 10, 2001 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

sackley

Audiophile can you spare a dime?
Is this amp any good? I know they make a good CD player and at $225 for this amp, it seems to be a good deal. Also, I read that it has a line out. Is that true too?

Aug 10, 2001 at 6:17 PM Post #2 of 8
Sackley, this was the first amp I purchased. It was pretty good for a cheap solid state amp. I thought it sounded better than the Creek OBH-11. It has a very clear and detailed sound, but I found it lacking in the lower regions. It had a definite solid state sound to it and was not very warm sounding. You would not mistake it for a tube amp for sure!

Aug 10, 2001 at 6:22 PM Post #3 of 8
Sackley, Acidtripwow described the sound very well. I like it better than the Wheatfield HA-1, which IMO sounded too warm and lacked frequency extention. The build quality on the outside can feel a little cheap, but inside is very well laid out and neat. There is an RCA output, but I don't think that the Rega changes the sound and the volume knob has no effect on the output. Also, the output is defeatable.

Aug 10, 2001 at 6:30 PM Post #4 of 8
I was curious about the audio out on it because I wanted to use it to hook my speakers up to and simplify the hooking up process and make a daisy chain.

Delta Dio 24/96 - Rega Ear - Speakers

For the price, it sounds like that is what I want.

Aug 11, 2001 at 2:56 AM Post #8 of 8
The amp sounds fantastic with my HD580s
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back