Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 7, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #27,271 of 148,506
So far, so good. Though this was the view outside my office on Tuesday.

That's a bit too close for comfort... I hope all your homes are in safe zones.

Dec 7, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #27,273 of 148,506
Yep, if you're interested in doing a SchiitKit show, contact denise@schiit.com. She handles most of the marketing stuff, and all the shows, these days. If it was up to Mike and I, we'd never get any products to any shows, ever...

As far as the story goes, it's still in the Strange Horizons archives: http://strangehorizons.com/fiction/making-payments/

Dear Jason,
Be safe, my friend. Also your Schiit associates and friends!

I've read a couple pages of posts and nobody commented on your "Making Payments" story, so I will...

Everything I've read from you to this point has been non-fiction (?) i.e. The Schiit Story.
So this is my first experience with your fiction writing.
Well, I was fully engaged with that story.
Up and down and finally down...or maybe up.
An interesting concept, and a nice hanging ending.
Thanks for sharing that with us.

Do you have more fiction out there?
I would like to share w/ my family and friends.

All the Best!
RCB

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #27,274 of 148,506
Scary stuff, makes me glad I live in the UK where natural disasters are generally on a much smaller scale. Hope everyone stays safe over there!

Dec 7, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #27,275 of 148,506
Be safe, Jason. Scary photos.

In the past three months I finally upgraded my long-in-the-tooth Bifrost Uber to MB to pair with my Valhalla 2 and Jotunheim, then bought a Modi MB and Magni 3 for work (to which I'll be adding an Eitr soon), splurged on a Loki, and daily I'm stunned by the quality of sound I get from both systems relative to the price I paid. Thanks for all that you do, Jason (and Mike) to make high fidelity affordable for the masses.

I can't wait to read about your "opportunities" (as my boss prefers to call mistakes) with the next missive, and for another great year in 2018 for Schiit.

Dec 7, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #27,277 of 148,506
Last edited:
Dec 7, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #27,280 of 148,506
Dec 7, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #27,282 of 148,506
Yep, if you're interested in doing a SchiitKit show, contact denise@schiit.com. She handles most of the marketing stuff, and all the shows, these days. If it was up to Mike and I, we'd never get any products to any shows, ever...

As far as the story goes, it's still in the Strange Horizons archives: http://strangehorizons.com/fiction/making-payments/

Fantastic short story, thanks for sharing with us. If you don't mind me asking, what are some of your favorite fantasy series/authors? I love unique magic systems like Mistborn. I'm currently reading Malazan Book of the Fallen, and before that was my third time through Wheel of Time.

Dec 8, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #27,283 of 148,506
Will there be a Gen 5 Wyrd?

Dec 8, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #27,285 of 148,506
Jason, any idea when Gen 2 boards might be available again for self install? I have a Bifrost and Yggdrasil I need to upgrade and am too lazy/cheap to ship them in for upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back