Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 31, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #106 of 145,685
Yep. Understood. Early in my career with Teledyne I had to do some work in a tempest room. It always scared the crap out of me every time I went in. After passing security the room had a vault door which only opened with your palm print and would only stay open while your palm was touching the scanner. I always feared getting crushed by the door or being trapped inside with nobody on the outside having authorization to reopen it. 

We digress. Thanks for telling us your story and BTW you make good Schiit.
beerchug.gif

Jan 31, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #107 of 145,685
Jason,
Someone really should put you on one of those cable news shows-CNN Money are some such show talking about how to run a successful business in the "new normal" economy.

Who would think- in the world of high end audio-during a time when many folks have less expendable income to spend on luxury products-the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression….high unemployment….outrageous income disparity…that your little niche company would find a way to thrive.

Oh, yeah-people like me-music lovers who want good sound and are looking for a great value-products that out perform their price points and don't necessitate dumping tens of thousands into a sound system.
Good idea, dude!

P.S. thanks for making the Asgard-2-it rocks my Grado like a hurricane.

Jan 31, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #108 of 145,685
I just received my Asgard 2 on Tuesday. I can't believe I only paid 249$ (plus shipping
tongue.gif
) for such an amazing device. Everything from its looks to its fantastic build quality scream "way more than 249$" to me. And the sound.... even though they are meant to be portable, my Beyerdynamic T5ps benefited enormously from it, sound much deeper, much more separation and clarity. Amazing amp. Schiit makes some great schiit so consider me subscribed to this thread too. 

Jan 31, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #109 of 145,685
Listening to my M&G stack while reading this.  Good stuff Jason!

Jan 31, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #110 of 145,685
Great stories Jason and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series!

I have a Sumo Artemis, and I didn't realize they were that rare. I never got along with mine because the remote control always seemed flakey: sometimes 1 press wouldn't do anything, and sometimes it would do more than 1 thing. Anyway, it's been sitting in storage for a while gathering dust, because I had planned to look at the remote control circuit to see if there was an easy fix for it. I don't suppose there was ever a fix for the remote control?

Jan 31, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #111 of 145,685
I am guilty of this on page 2, but I would like to kindly request that we stop commenting on this thread, since those of us subscribed get alerts every time there's an update to it. Can we just "thumbs up" each chapter as Jason adds them?

Jan 31, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #113 of 145,685
Great idea, Jason! As a very happy Magni owner (looking to upgrade soon) I'm interested in knowing how my Schiit came to be. Looking forward to (as Paul Harvey would say) "...the rest of the story".

Feb 1, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #116 of 145,685
I am guilty of this on page 2, but I would like to kindly request that we stop commenting on this thread, since those of us subscribed get alerts every time there's an update to it. Can we just "thumbs up" each chapter as Jason adds them?

That's not going to happen. Change your subscription settings.

Feb 1, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #120 of 145,685
Count me in, also

Users who are viewing this thread

Back