THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
May 2, 2024 at 3:14 AM Post #3,196 of 3,205
I am glad that we have the Composer 😎

No closed composer seems to be planned at the moment.
Example K812 versus K872 - what were the sales numbers of the K872? The people at Austrian.Audio still know exactly.

May 2, 2024 at 6:19 AM Post #3,199 of 3,205
It’s strange, I do not have warm ears at all when it’s hot outside (or in the room). Maybe I am used to closed backs where the heat issue has another benchmark? Still very happy with the Composer!
I don't find them especially hot. But it's true that when we have an extreme southern france summer heatwave, I'll switch to iems. But that's true for all my other over ears too.

May 2, 2024 at 8:54 AM Post #3,200 of 3,205
My Grados are easier with regard to heat, but I don’t see the Composer as problematic in any way. Yes, with summer temperatures a headphone may get uncomfortable. The K1000 and the MySphere might be the best solution…

May 2, 2024 at 9:13 AM Post #3,201 of 3,205
I don't find them especially hot. But it's true that when we have an extreme southern france summer heatwave, I'll switch to iems. But that's true for all my other over ears too.
Only solution AKG K1000 or Mysphere 3 :relaxed: :beerchug:

May 2, 2024 at 9:19 AM Post #3,202 of 3,205
My Grados are easier with regard to heat, but I don’t see the Composer as problematic in any way. Yes, with summer temperatures a headphone may get uncomfortable. The K1000 and the MySphere might be the best solution…
You post the same solution, I see this to late :slight_smile:

Grados that I tried briefly were too warm for me after a short time, the open-pored foam was slightly scratchy. Reminded me of the ancient yellow Sennheiser HD 414 headphone.

May 4, 2024 at 3:03 AM Post #3,204 of 3,205
I use the Composer only at home and have a fan or air conditioning around, so the leather pads are no real problem, imho. Btw, I still enjoy the Composer very much.

Cheers,
Bernie
But you compromise the S/N ratio this way! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back