The discovery thread!
May 2, 2024 at 12:04 AM Post #100,277 of 100,287
Is Kinera Verdandi better than it's older brother Urd? Both are EST based with similar type of configuration while the more expensive Verdandi has a BCD that does it's job at lower mid bass and sub bass region but is it better? Here is my comparison video review:

For those who doesn't have patience, Urd is a more pleasing IEM, a bit more composed and refined. Thi sounds odd but the calm and composure Urd has is not there with Verdandi. Verdandi's treble is a bit more agitated and feels like it's trying to do a lot of things at once and is all over the place, lacking control and refinement.
For more details, watch the video. 😊

May 2, 2024 at 12:07 AM Post #100,278 of 100,287
I'm not that particular fan of IER-Z1R especially on how it was tuned. Tested it many times since early 2019. For sure it has a superb technical performance and excellent fitting to my lugholes but its tuning doesn't fit well to my sound profile preference. Somewhat off to me.
I found the Z1r to be horrible. Very V shaped, wooly bass and bad treble extension with lower and mid treble prominence. Badly tuned IEM which is good for bass heads only.

May 2, 2024 at 12:10 AM Post #100,279 of 100,287
Planning to make a longer thread about these in a bit after more listening, but man are the SWEEAR SR-11s a thing of beauty... Apologies for my crap yellow lighting and subpar camera skills.

This brand is way way way slept on compared to other TOTL IEMs. I'm happy about that so I could get a pair of these but these deserve to be seen and heard!!!

http://www.sweear.com/product/sr11-hybrid-11-driver-in-ear-monitor

Currently have them paired with Baroque Eletech Tips and these flat out sing. I swapped the stock cable for my Hikari Audio Sigure.

IMG_2501.jpg

IMG_2547.jpg

IMG_2537.jpg

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 12:10 AM Post #100,280 of 100,287
I found the Z1r to be horrible. Very V shaped, wooly bass and bad treble extension with lower and mid treble prominence. Badly tuned IEM which is good for bass heads only.
Maybe fit problem if you hear bad treble extension and wooly bass. Treble extension and subbass shelf is like its forte

May 2, 2024 at 12:14 AM Post #100,281 of 100,287
Newest review just posted for the Rose Technics QuietSea (Headfi and blog) for those interested. Really wanted to like this set but unfortunately it didn't quite agree with me. However, it does come with good accessories including a fantastic stock cable that's better than many sets under $200.
1000020526.jpg

May 2, 2024 at 12:15 AM Post #100,282 of 100,287
Newest review just posted for the Rose Technics QuietSea (Headfi and blog) for those interested. Really wanted to like this set but unfortunately it didn't quite agree with me. However, it does come with good accessories including a fantastic stock cable that's better than many sets under $200.
1000020526.jpg
I swear I have seen that shell a couple years ago under a different brand. Am I hallucinating?

May 2, 2024 at 12:16 AM Post #100,283 of 100,287
I swear I have seen that shell a couple years ago under a different brand. Am I hallucinating?
Keen eye sir! iKKO OH2 uses the same shell. The QuietSea was made with iKKO's help.

May 2, 2024 at 12:29 AM Post #100,284 of 100,287
I think that upcoming Dunu x GizAudio DaVinci might just suit all that to a T. A lot of early impressions seem to match up pretty well.

That one has looked intriguing from the specs, but I did not ready any impressions? Are they in this thread I can search for them.

I prefer a hybrid to a single DD as well so it's perfect in that regard.

May 2, 2024 at 12:45 AM Post #100,285 of 100,287
Maybe fit problem if you hear bad treble extension and wooly bass. Treble extension and subbass shelf is like its forte
100% agree. Even Crinacle had a wacky first impression, where later he found, (as many do) two separate (yet very different) IER-Z1R insertion depths. You can even use two different sizes of ear-tips.

One (bigger ear-tip) on the outside, and one deep (smaller ear-tip)................. creating treble enhancing effects, and stage increasing reality results.

One another note.................
https://www.linsoul.com/products/7hz-aurora
1DD x 1Planar (what?) and two BA………..Audiophile IEM

https://www.linsoul.com/products/tangzu-xuannv
2x DD imagination…………Audiophile IEM
DSC_0308.jpegqwq.jpeg

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 1:10 AM Post #100,286 of 100,287
I had very similar thoughts, my music preference is extremely vocal centric, and the nightingale was a pleasant surprise and with its price point. The temptation was very real
NIghtingale is a beaut! I still enjoy two hours daily on em. wide stage. Takes the harshness out of certain type of metal music as well. Not good for low-end genre, great niche for a particular kind of music. But it sure does something 'unnatural' with the music no?! has a veil (dampening?) that i love. Can't say more as I don't understand these things yet, but something there for sure : - )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back