The Enleum HPA-23RM Discussion Thread
May 6, 2024 at 6:43 AM Post #181 of 183
The 475 has a more laid back and airy signature with a bigger sound stage.

The Tsuranagi I also played with it before, that is kinda like a portable ferrum oor in sound which is very balanced while having good attack and generally large sounding but smaller than the 475. It is probably the best clarity among the amps (we are talking about small micro details in layered songs)

The Enleum is kinda powerful sounding especially for the mids, also generally a little smoother and a touch warmer. Soundstage size its comparable to the tsuranagi. This is for voltage.

Enleum in current mode is a roller coaster jackpot. On headphones like DCA stealth or IEMS like the U12T, it makes them more powerful sounding, larger sound stage and more bass especially in the subs bass portion and a little more mid forward. It's as good as those headphones sound. But on some headphones like those Meze audio and focal, it sounds terrible to me.

May 6, 2024 at 7:26 AM Post #182 of 183
The 475 has a more laid back and airy signature with a bigger sound stage.

The Tsuranagi I also played with it before, that is kinda like a portable ferrum oor in sound which is very balanced while having good attack and generally large sounding but smaller than the 475. It is probably the best clarity among the amps (we are talking about small micro details in layered songs)

The Enleum is kinda powerful sounding especially for the mids, also generally a little smoother and a touch warmer. Soundstage size its comparable to the tsuranagi. This is for voltage.

Enleum in current mode is a roller coaster jackpot. On headphones like DCA stealth or IEMS like the U12T, it makes them more powerful sounding, larger sound stage and more bass especially in the subs bass portion and a little more mid forward. It's as good as those headphones sound. But on some headphones like those Meze audio and focal, it sounds terrible to me.
Did you find 475 bright compared to it? And also mind I ask have you ever heard\tested CMA 18 master, and how does it compare with it? I know it's not exactly fair compare since its a desktop, but those are kind of my narrowed down choices, and It's a hard pick. Thanks for your insights btw.

May 6, 2024 at 8:27 AM Post #183 of 183
the 475 I definitely brighter then the enleum but its very minor. I tried the CMA 18 Master. It's a neutral amp dac thats well behaved. My impression was it was not any different from the M17 FIIO player, which means neutral and clean sounding with no standouts to me. Its closer to the tsuranagi signature

Users who are viewing this thread

Back