The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Apr 30, 2024 at 9:14 PM Post #12,991 of 12,992
I pulled the trigger on the teaks with detachable cable. I kinda want 4.4 balanced cables, but I'm seeing 2 different styles. One looks like a 2.5mm mini plug and the other looks short and stubby. Will either work? If you have time would you mind posting a pic of your cable ends that go to the HPs if you have detachables? Would it even be worth it?
I replied for you in more detail over in the Teaks thread, https://www.head-fi.org/threads/e-mu-wooden-series-headphones.781884/post-18100402

In short, shopping for Sennheiser HD700 cables is the easiest way to get a balanced cable "off-the-shelf" for the Teaks.

Apr 30, 2024 at 10:48 PM Post #12,992 of 12,992
I pulled the trigger on the teaks with detachable cable. I kinda want 4.4 balanced cables, but I'm seeing 2 different styles. One looks like a 2.5mm mini plug and the other looks short and stubby. Will either work? If you have time would you mind posting a pic of your cable ends that go to the HPs if you have detachables? Would it even be worth it?
Nice, congrats! As dstarr3 said, Sennheiser HD700 cables are the way to go. The cables from EMU are over priced and quite frankly some of the worst I've ever seen lmao. I ordered a XLR cable initially since I thought I would be using a tube amp which didn't work out but they also come with a 3.5mm single ended cable. Ultimately I ended up using these https://a.co/d/0kEBb0X I just tried the single ended 3.5mm default cable for the first time and couldn't really tell the difference in sound.
unnamed.jpg

I also just got a Chord Mojo 2 today which achieves the same effect as the IFI XBass Amp + Loki combo with the insane tactile bass feel, so maybe it's not the analog EQ that's the magic since the Mojo is digital EQ. Not really sure why some equipment does it and others don't.. Anyway, I hope this answers your question on cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back