Tigerism Cables
Apr 21, 2024 at 10:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JordanOki

New Head-Fier
I have came across Tigerism from a IEM model called Dark Magician. And easonmusic7 has recommended me some of the latest entry into the brand which is cables. I am used to swapping cables for my IEM for the synergy and maximizing the potential an IEM can hold. Biggest fan of Flash Acoustics, Vortex Cables and Liquid Links. And I shall add Tigerism cables into the arsenal from now on.

Model : Mirage (26AWG Silver)

Pro:
- Upper midrange centric, Perfect for female vocal lovers
- Soft and easy to handle
- Surface texture is not too rubbery

Con:
- This price point should have fancier or more design effort at Y Split and connector

Despite the lacking of fancy splitter and connector like most other competitor do, this cable satisfied my needs for a silver cable. The true magic lies in the sonic performance, it has remarkable ability to mitigate interference and noise resulting in a quieter background as if it is shielded, but it is not. What is does most is focusing in the upper midrange where female vocal lives. It boosts the presence and forwardness of female vocals and at the same time blending in some "sweetness" into the notes. Don't get me wrong, there are cheap silver out there which do the same, it brings out the female vocal but it sounded harsh and sibilant. But Mirage has certainly outlive them by a huge margin.

Bass presentation on this cable isn't tampered too much like more silver cable do. Some cable like Liquid Links Evua 2 that I owned, tends to reduce the presence of bass (Might be suitable for some IEM like VE10 for personal preference). And treble is also very well done, without sounding harsh. Yet giving a little spark to the notes making things a bit more exciting.

Pairing : Seeaudio Neo, Alpha Omega Ra
Both iem has very close signature and I used it for mainly JPOP. Despite both iem is already focusing on female vocals and upper midrange is kinda forward compared to the rest, pairing with this IEM make the female vocal has more life and "sweetness" in it. Both IEM are a tint darkish in treble, which is why this pairing make even more sense, by balance out the lackluster treble.

mirage2 by Jun How Ng, on Flickr

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2024 at 11:23 PM Post #2 of 4
I have came across Tigerism from a IEM model called Dark Magician. And easonmusic7 has recommended me some of the latest entry into the brand which is cables. I am used to swapping cables for my IEM for the synergy and maximizing the potential an IEM can hold. Biggest fan of Flash Acoustics, Vortex Cables and Liquid Links. And I shall add Tigerism cables into the arsenal from now on.

Model : Mirage (26AWG Silver)

Pro:
- Upper midrange centric, Perfect for female vocal lovers
- Soft and easy to handle
- Surface texture is not too rubbery

Con:
- This price point should have fancier or more design effort at Y Split and connector

Despite the lacking of fancy splitter and connector like most other competitor do, this cable satisfied my needs for a silver cable. The true magic lies in the sonic performance, it has remarkable ability to mitigate interference and noise resulting in a quieter background as if it is shielded, but it is not. What is does most is focusing in the upper midrange where female vocal lives. It boosts the presence and forwardness of female vocals and at the same time blending in some "sweetness" into the notes. Don't get me wrong, there are cheap silver out there which do the same, it brings out the female vocal but it sounded harsh and sibilant. But Mirage has certainly outlive them by a huge margin.

Bass presentation on this cable isn't tampered too much like more silver cable do. Some cable like Liquid Links Evua 2 that I owned, tends to reduce the presence of bass (Might be suitable for some IEM like VE10 for personal preference). And treble is also very well done, without sounding harsh. Yet giving a little spark to the notes making things a bit more exciting.

Pairing : Seeaudio Neo, Alpha Omega Ra
Both iem has very close signature and I used it for mainly JPOP. Despite both iem is already focusing on female vocals and upper midrange is kinda forward compared to the rest, pairing with this IEM make the female vocal has more life and "sweetness" in it. Both IEM are a tint darkish in treble, which is why this pairing make even more sense, by balance out the lackluster treble.

Apr 21, 2024 at 11:48 PM Post #3 of 4
Model : Ripple
Material : Silver plated Silver + Copper Alloy

Pro:
- Provide wide soundstage
- Excellent Dynamics
- Added sub-bass slam

Con:
- Thick and not everyone is a fan of fabric material

This cable reminds me of the PW Orpheus in term of design. It has the fabric sleeve which some people may like or might not be their taste at all. It is tangle free but not as flexible as most thinner cable do. But this time, the jack and connector is much nicer than the Mirage, I guess might be due to this cable is a newer model from Tigerism.

I would say this cable can pair quite well with most of the IEM out there in term of sonic performance. Again, this cable also provide the silent dark background like the Mirage despite not using shielding. (Or it does? I'm not sure). The thickness and lack of flexibility keep giving me the vibes of shielding. This cable added some warmth and bass to the iem and soundstage just improved ever so slightly. It does carry the traits of a copper cable and maybe the silver plating also improving its soundstaging capability.

Pairing : Monarch Mk3
Monarch Mk3 is an allrounder iem for me having good amount of bass, monitoring mids and decent detail. Using Ripple on MMK3 gives it even better dynamics and improvement in staging, although not the level of the bigger brother Prestige Ltd yet. I find it a tasteful upgrade for people who like to have a bit more sub-bass rumble and solid punches. The stock mode of MMK3 has a longer decay in bass, where Ripple has kinda remedied that issue now, pretty happy with it.

Ripple by RRng Gatcha, on Flickr
Ripple2 by RRng Gatcha, on Flickr

Apr 25, 2024 at 2:17 AM Post #4 of 4
Model : Starlord
Material : Silver + Copper + Copper Silver alloy

Pro:
Warm and can tame harshness on most spicy iem
Good Looking (Somehow)

Con:
Might not suit all IEM, might be too warm for some

I had high expectation from this cable looking at the spec. I had good experience with hybrid cables such as Effect Eros S. I expect it to be an allrounder kind of cable but in contrary, it is leaning to the warmer side. Also at the same time remind me of the Effect Audio Eros Christmas limited edition, which has similar vibe and the way it present music, WARRRMMM.

The Starlord has somehow emphasize the presence of sub-bass and mid-bass. Which might be good for iem that lack in bass for example Thieaudio Oracle, Dunu SA6. With the added bass, it also added some pinch of warmth into the sound and tamed any spikes in treble, which is favorable to set that has too much energy. The mids are not as affected, or should I say the least affected in all frequency. Staging is not as expansive as the Ripple cable but still hold its ground, by not narrowing it.

Pairing:
Thieaudio Prestige
I felt that this pairing is kinda perfect and both compensate each other very well. Prestige OG is not as bassy as its brother the Monarch Mk3 and while having very wide sound stage it has too much treble. This cable synergize with it perfectly as it tamed the peakiness of the treble and make the Prestige more comfy to listen to. Added bass presence also benefit the Prestige and give it abit more liveliness to the songs.

92de9a6f-93e6-49d7-9a8e-12bfebc1d670 by RRng Gatcha, on Flickr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back